KushAudio Tweaker- Intesested in learing what makes compressors 'tic? Get this one..

Hey, we can all get a free manual!
What brilliant mktg that manual is. It just MAKES you wanna go out and spend 1500 bucks.

?? Silly, they're all free. But that's cool, if you missed the intent, or if the info isn't of interest.

Me I have a strong interest- and curiosity- about compressors, how they behave, why.
I guess if I was still mixing analog, yeah I'd def be demoing the unit.

Since you only want the manual...I'll take the comp. :)

Grins.. I have one really nice comp. Ted Fletcher P38. Bought used, but really along the same lines/reasoning; does many things, styles what have you. One of my best money spent, no doubt about it :)
Thing is, tracking', doesn't lend much opportunity to really get into what something like a tool like this has to offer.

?? Silly, they're all free. But that's cool, if you missed the intent, or if the info isn't of interest.

Me I have a strong interest- and curiosity- about compressors, how they behave, why.
I guess if I was still mixing analog, yeah I'd def be demoing the unit.

Point wasn't missed on me. I enjoyed reading it and found it educational.

But it did lead me down the rabbit hole first to the videos, and eventually to sweetwater. :D
Dangerous manual that was.

:D

Point wasn't missed on me. I enjoyed reading it and found it educational.

But it did lead me down the rabbit hole first to the videos, and eventually to sweetwater. :D
Dangerous manual that was.

:D
Hmm. Well, there you go. Like me then. And I did need a 'cool it Smith, sleep on this' moment last night.
Damn :D

Yup. Powerful stuff. Especially when they claim to have 'presets' that emulate the great classic hardware comps. Even seasoned engineers can't tell the difference in a blind test????

Wow. Bold claim.

Yeah, weird to see so much marketing fluff in a user manual.

Also weird to see so much theory. It's like he tried to combine 3 types of documentation into one file.

The claims may sound bold...but Kush Audio makes some very good sounding gear. Their hardware and their software gets tons of praise from users.
I have their plugs...and I wouldn't mind having their hardware too.

That was a damn good read. Love the sidechain filters, I have been able to do that in the DAW with a bus set up with it's own HPF/LPF and compression (so I can shape the detector input and then send *that* to the sidechain).

Back