KRK Rokit's

James_

Hey guys,

I just bought some Rokit 6's the other day. I've been using them for the better part of 3 days now..listening, mixing, etc.
Am i wrong in thinking that they sound kind of..boxy,boomy? .. muddy in the bottom end?

Ive got them on foam pads about two feet away from the wall, triangle-d in towards me..about 3 feet away, with the tweeter at ear level. Am I just setting up wrong? or am I expecting too much for too little $?

Ive got them hooked up to a Duet with trs cables.

I have the 8s....i think one thing you have to do, depending the room, is adjust the HFs at the back...the next thing is be prepared to play 'em loud...they dont seem to appreciate being played soft

just remember even at $400-$500 they are still budget monitors...its far more important to learn how commercial releases sound with them than to learn how youve decided your track should

Hey guys,

I just bought some Rokit 6's the other day. I've been using them for the better part of 3 days now..listening, mixing, etc.
Am i wrong in thinking that they sound kind of..boxy,boomy? .. muddy in the bottom end?

Ive got them on foam pads about two feet away from the wall, triangle-d in towards me..about 3 feet away, with the tweeter at ear level. Am I just setting up wrong? or am I expecting too much for too little $?

Ive got them hooked up to a Duet with trs cables.

It's not the monitors or the cables. It's probably your untreated room. You have decent speakers in there now. Now get to work on acoustically treating your room. Bass traps, reflection points, etc.

I have the 8s....i think one thing you have to do, depending the room, is adjust the HFs at the back...the next thing is be prepared to play 'em loud...they dont seem to appreciate being played soft

I think thats my main problem, ive haven't been pushing them very loud. Thanks for the HF tip, i adjusted it and it cleared it up a bit.

It's not the monitors or the cables. It's probably your untreated room. You have decent speakers in there now. Now get to work on acoustically treating your room. Bass traps, reflection points, etc.

I have 5 of the auralex 2' wedges spread out on the wall behind my workstation area, no bass traps though. Its a really big room though, im thinking id probably have to cover the whole thing to see a big improvement acoustics wise.

I have 5 of the auralex 2' wedges spread out on the wall behind my workstation area, no bass traps though. Its a really big room though, im thinking id probably have to cover the whole thing to see a big improvement acoustics wise.

That auralex stuff aint so great. Corner bass traps would be a good start. But yeah, it's gonna take some work to get a big room under control. If you want accurate monitoring, fix the room or mix somewhere else.

Back