• krk rokit 5's

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • krk rokit 6's

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • krk rokit 8's

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

guitarman09

ive heard the rokit 6's have better mids while the rokit 8s have better lows. will i have a more of a problem with the lows on the 6's or the mids on the 8's? or is it just more of preference and there is no better option? I'm recording rock/blues tunes, if it helps. any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.

I had the RP 6 and RP 8 at home. I'd take the 6" but the 8" was very nice too.
tough call... I remember thinking the 8" was too big for my room back then.

IMO this is your personal preference, and where music is a subtle determining factor.

If it is Techno Rap with heavy LowEnd I'd be getting a 8"....if its more guitar and vocals and harmonys etc,,...probably a 6".

the gang here lead me to the 6" when I got my first ones. Physical size and Physics the 3ft triangle....6" was an average....but as you can tell, 5-6-8" is the range for most nearfileds.

However, after recently running some 8" here at the house, one can remove bass with the low cut switches easier than a person can add bass to the 6" should it be required. So I'd have to give the 8" a "Versatility" edge for that reason, in that a 8" can remove the sub and more easily match a 6" upper mid range ability.

good luck...

thanks for the advice...i think i will stick with my original plan, the 6's, people seem to think its clearer and if i ever have a problem with hearing the low end i can always buy a sub, but i don't think it will come to that.

When I was in the monitor hunt and doing my due dilligence research, I conclueded that the 6's got the nod in general.

I have v4's, though, and they're definitely on a different level. Very listenable over long periods, full and seem honest and accurate.

I went in to buy the 6's but they were out so I got 8's instead. I also read in a thread many months ago that they would not recommend getting a pair of monitors that had anything lower than 8 since it was harder to get a true sound from it. Dont know if its true or not but a few people agreed with them and I am pretty happy with mine thus far ;)

I can only give my experience with the 5's in my treated room. Take it for what it's worth. The low end is hyped, like a little brother puffing himself up to look tough in front of his big brother. Sounds good, but does not translate well. I still use them as reference from my main monitors, as I have spent a great deal of time learning what they have to say. I myself, wish I would have saved for 6's or 8's. Much more clarity from a larger driver.

I haven't properly tested the Rokkit 5s, but I heard them at GC. To me they sounded horrible, I doubt I'll ever give them a thought. The 8s were far better. If I had to get something in the 5 range, I'd go with the new Tannoy Reveals. Far superior to the Rokkit 5s IMO.

the only problem with the 8's is you need to push them...if its a small room they may be just too big, Id consider the 6's....

How the hell did a thread from 2008 get placed in 'New Posts'? Ahh, it's a poll. Oh well, accidental bump then.:o

Back