IR and convolution on cans - how far we are from this?

Actually, you never asked that in your OP. You asked:
Wouldn't it be really a thing?
The answer "No", totally applies.

Your next statement/question was.....
I sincerely think that it IS possible and that overtime someone will release a tool able to do that. What do you fellows think about this?
"No" also makes total sense as a response to that.

;)

Actually, you never asked that in your OP. You asked: The answer "No", totally applies.

Your next statement/question was....."No" also makes total sense as a response to that.

;)

Rami just tell him what he wants to hear. That's the only answer anyone wants.

Rami just tell him what he wants to hear. That's the only answer anyone wants.
I was scared to even respond. Now, I might have to scroll through a 21 paragraph response that I'll stop reading after the first 2 paragraphs and need to take a nap. :D

Dont nap with headphones on. It will give you an unrealistic sleeping experience.
Yes, but if I ignore physics, common sense, the past experience of thousands of other people, and the truth, I can convince myself of anything. Besides, I can't afford an expensive bed, so my headphone nap experience is just as good no matter what the actual truth is. That's my bullshit story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Ok. I'll buy that. But the absolute best place for a nap is in one of those egg chairs with a joint. As long as you don't set yourself on fire.

But I wouldn't know anything about that.
Was it real, or just a case of being stuck in a dream?

Oh shit, did I just date myself? Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about???

Context is everything. :)

But did you like how smooth that fit in there?

Haha, and you were sharp enough to catch it.
:thumbs up:
I'm always impressed and extremely flattered when someone remembers ANYTHING about any of my tunes, let alone a title. :cool:

Okay. I'm revolted enough by mention of KFC to return to the original question.

It MIGHT be possible (though I'm a sceptic) but who's going to do it? The home recording community is tiny compared to the billions of headphone and earbud users out there--and what's required for monitoring is very different than Joe Public wants.

Commercially available headphones/earbuds are designed to sound "good" rather than "accurate". This usually means extravagant bass and a "sheen" on vocals and highs. For that matter, this applies to a lot of speakers.

On the other hand, monitoring (whether speakers or mythical headphones) wants to give a very neutral and accurate image of a recording--and that means warts and all (not that anybody who's read all the FAQs here will record warty tracks! :) )

So, even if it is (or becomes) technically possible, surely the potential market is pretty small. In a world where 9/10ths of people think Beatz make great sounding headphones, who's going to pay for accurate monitors other than a very small number of home recordists.

Not for mixing you don't. Well, maybe YOU do, but that's a whole other story.

Back