I used to...

My guess is he means he used to visualize a sort of music video in his mind to go with the music, but now he analyzes the sounds to try to figure out the technical details of how it was produced. :)

I'm thinking he used to be more about listening to music and now is more about producing music.

I'm thinking he used to be more about listening to music and now is more about producing music.

That is what I felt as well.

I also was all about listening and playing music as a kid. Then later more about playing and recording in my 20/30's. Now more about recording in my 40's. Gotta keep the spirit alive! But without the drama band members give. And the time it takes from being home with my daughter...

Funny how what used to be daily fun for me is now other peoples kids drama. LOL!

Turning your hobby into work is the surest way to kill the joy.

I didn't read that into his post.

Wait, if you were speaking to me then you totally misunderstood my point. I love recording other bands and still play when needed. It is just different as I get older.

Can't italicize a period... lol

Thought it would be a dead thread...didn't think anyone would reply.

I mean I used to be like "yeah! F yeah!" ...now its like, "that guitar is brittle. Too much 3k. And that bass is walking all over the kick".

:) no more rocking out much.

Thought it would be a dead thread...didn't think anyone would reply.

I mean I used to be like "yeah! F yeah!" ...now its like, "that guitar is brittle. Too much 3k. And that bass is walking all over the kick"..
..and 'why doesn't the sound guy drop a 175hZ notch on that god awful spot in the PA?..

I mean I used to be like "yeah! F yeah!" ...now its like, "that guitar is brittle. Too much 3k. And that bass is walking all over the kick".

I found this happening to me in a number of areas.

When I went somewhere where there was a band playing, I'd go "don't like that mix too much, I'd not have so much guitar (or whatever)".

It took me ages to be able to go somewhere (theatre, concert) and just enjoy what it was, rather than criticise it for what it wasn't.

Ray was right in his post. Basically nailed it. Instead of writing when I'm inspired, I have to write because I need something new to mix. That too.

Back