I tracked this badly....

AndyO

and I have no idea how, or how to fix it? If I can?

Basically, I dug up an old song that I had tracked, but never worked on. This was back in the day when I had no idea what I was doing...
Some of the tracks, You can't pan L/R. When I do, I loose the audio, gradually. At about 40 or 50 L or R, it disappears completely.
Im guessing I tracked in stereo instead of mono, but not totally sure. it was off an old mixing board a friend borrowed to me.

Re-tracking isn't an option, the musicians aren't around anymore. Are there any tricks out there that can fix this? Or am I screwed?
Appreciate any help from you guys, thanks.

Not sure what you're mixing with, but I'd just drop your raw tracks into Audacity and they'll show up in stereo if that's what they are. Then "split to mono" and export the L or R track that has the content. Then, create a project with just mono tracks and you'll be able to pan all you want.aud1.png

Ohhh fancy! That's the kinda trick I was looking for!
I use Mixcraft, Im not sure if it can do that, but I will google and find out!
Thanks so much!

Audacity is free and a good utility to have on your system, IME. If Mixcraft doesn't support this, just download and install Audacity.

In Mixcraft 8, simply right click the clip and choose properties>channels>then choose left or right depending on which contains the audio. If you are still using 7, the same option is there.

Back