I need help with this piano sound please!

Jessemoody1

Hi everyone! First time on this site because I am desperate to figure this out! If I'm posting in the wrong place let me know where I should post it.

I have been trying to get a specific piano sound forever, and just can't figure it out. Its a really mellow, kind of filtered sound, but the piano hammer and felts, and release noises are super upfront in the mix. Like, right after he presses a key, you here the felt hit the string. If anyone can get a really close copy and tell me how you did I would be forever grateful! I am more focused on the piano noise/felt aspect of the sound because I can never get it right. I am using pianoteq 5 and Ravenscroft 275 for the piano. Thank you!

Heres the link to the song, the part I'm talking about is about 20 seconds in and goes for a while.

https://soundcloud.com/a-taylor/t-e-t-h-y-s-sonata

Also, I forgot to add that I have tried: Boosting the hammer noises inside the piano plugins, using the soft pedal (helps a little bit), tons of different EQ settings, compression (probably doing it wrong) and a few other things. I have tried layering it with percussive sounds from omnisphere, but if you know of any specific sounds to layer with let me know!

Back