I have a problem with my mix translation. Don't know a thing about it. Help me!!!

Sibilance, the s sound, is mostly a performance problem. Microphones hear things a little differently from the ear, so adjusting how you speak is often necessary. The closer you are to the mic the more you have to pull back on your consonants, especially if you're using a more quiet voice than normal.

Sibilance, the s sound, is mostly a performance problem. Microphones hear things a little differently from the ear, so adjusting how you speak is often necessary. The closer you are to the mic the more you have to pull back on your consonants, especially if you're using a more quiet voice than normal.

Yeah you are right microphones do hear things a little different.

@Farview @MassiveMaster

This sample is with the pillows and quilt below and behind the microphone.

Attachments

• sample.mp3
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
It is better, but there is still a bit of room. If there were music or something behind it, I wouldn't worry about it at all. But since it will only be voiceover, you might want to get something behind you.

Yeah, it seems a bit better to me as well. But there is a 'boxy' kind of sound to it. It is just something you have to deal with, unless you actually treat the room to tame it.

Getting better tho man! Have you looked into building broadband absorption panels? They are not very expensive if you have some simple DIY skills and a couple tools.

Yeah, it seems a bit better to me as well. But there is a 'boxy' kind of sound to it. It is just something you have to deal with, unless you actually treat the room to tame it.

Getting better tho man! Have you looked into building broadband absorption panels? They are not very expensive if you have some simple DIY skills and a couple tools.

No DIY skills man. :))

It is better, but there is still a bit of room. If there were music or something behind it, I wouldn't worry about it at all. But since it will only be voiceover, you might want to get something behind you.

i am posting a new sample. do hear it. and this one was recorded in a large hall but the main problem have with these type of recordings is that when i add reverb to them it sounds so "airy" "windy" in mobile loud speakers. do tell me about it.

Back