Huge EQ plugin shootout

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

RAMI - sir, yes sir. i'l definitely be adding JS teej EQ soon.

dobro - i very curious, do you remember which eq was too bright?

miroslav - with the pedals. we tried to cover a very wide range of presets using all the common comparable setting E.G drive, tone, feedback, level...
the upside here is that you can instantly switch between a lot of pedals, all playing the exact same riff with the same recording chain.
so you can for sure hone in on the sonic differences between them without being distracted by differences caused by different playing, amps, tunes etc..
also, for some people being able to do blind test really helps remove bias towards some brands, analog vs digital and cheap vs expensive.
having said all that, theres nothing like trying out gear for your self, and yeah some people do awesome online reviews that can also very helpful.

Adam,

You're offering a good, free service. You certainly don't have to defend that. I get what everyone is saying, and even I said I preferred doing my own shoot outs with my own stuff. But it's always nice to be able to get a ballpark idea of certain things. Most of it is eliminating the obviously bad choices (and when I say "bad", I mean it might not be what someone's looking for in a piece of gear), which in itself is a time saver.

I think it's a great free service to have at my disposal.

dobro - i very curious, do you remember which eq was too bright?

Mmm...not sure - I picked two EQs I knew about (Fabfilter ProQ2 and the Sonnox one) and three others at random. The one I found bright might have been the one called Passive EQ. I don't remember the company name.

Really cool! I just looked at the EQs. Very useful for me because due to a buying binge, I actually have a bunch of those but haven't really tried them :0

It would be nice if there were a bypass button somewhere so I could hear the unprocessed sound too.

Back