How To Rip Vocals And Add It to My Mix

leerobert

I am wondering if anyone can provide me insight as to how to rip vocals from another song then add them to my own mix? I hear this done in many digital remix songs and have been wondering how to do it for years not but cannot find the answer. Below I have posted an example of a group singing Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" but using her voice for the chorus in a changed pitch and tempo to fit their remix. I also am using Garageband as my DAW and maybe that is my problem. I have yet to spend money and purchase something for quality recording, but I love to do this in my spare time and would appreciate if anyone could help me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuTlzqXbPMw

Some people might get the raw track from the original artist if they work out an agreement. Otherwise, use a voice remover and mix that with the original, inverting polarity on the processed version. That "should" give you voice only depending on how effective the voice removal is.

Some people might get the raw track from the original artist if they work out an agreement. Otherwise, use a voice remover and mix that with the original, inverting polarity on the processed version. That "should" give you voice only depending on how effective the voice removal is.

Yeah, the best option is to get the original isolated track. (Work it out with the original artist, or google it to see if someone's leaked it). If not, there are ways to isolate something vaguely resembling the original from a stereo file.

I am wondering if anyone can provide me insight as to how to rip vocals from another song then add them to my own mix? I hear this done in many digital remix songs and have been wondering how to do it for years not but cannot find the answer. Below I have posted an example of a group singing Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" but using her voice for the chorus in a changed pitch and tempo to fit their remix. I also am using Garageband as my DAW and maybe that is my problem. I have yet to spend money and purchase something for quality recording, but I love to do this in my spare time and would appreciate if anyone could help me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuTlzqXbPMw

you can't legally use something that's copyrighted, especially if you are planning on releasing the track. If someone has leaked the tracks, you still can't use it, not even under "fair use". You need written permission from the artist themselves, or their team of lawyers, managers and agents...good luck getting permission on that one!

you can't legally use something that's copyrighted, especially if you are planning on releasing the track. If someone has leaked the tracks, you still can't use it, not even under "fair use". You need written permission from the artist themselves, or their team of lawyers, managers and agents...good luck getting permission on that one!

IANaLb... this isn't entirely true. There is compulsory licensing in the US. You still have to pay for the sample, but you don't actually need permission.

Adobe Audition has a "Centre Channel Extractor' which basically does what Bouldersoundguy suggests but makes it automatic, with various controls to help you get the best out of the extraction.

However, be warned: in every case, how well you can extract things depends on how the mix is done. If the voice isn't panned exactly central or has a stereo reverb spattered over the whole sound stage, results can be variable from "okay" to "rotten". When you hear this sort of thing done professionally, it's pretty well always with access to the the original, un-mixed tracks. Trying to extract things from a mix is often as successful as trying to unbake a cake.

Try inverting the song against itself
line up the wavelengths of the first chorus against the second chorus, if there is any differences between the mixing of the choruses it will show

Back