How to remove hiss from a low vocal track?

Let's give him the benefit of doubt for not knowing.

If you do not have an account with Waves and have transferred license, you have a illegal copy of the software. That is fact.

I can't control what illegal thing people do nor do I care to, but this site makes clear that any use of illegal 'cracked' software or sharing of such is grounds for banning from the site.

Do what your personal set of morals tells you to, just don't expect to get help with cracked software here. :)

Fellows,

1) This is a 2005 version.
2) At any moment I imagined that it could be an illegal copy because the guy that gave it to me didn't mention it.
3) I don't know nothing about this iLok stuff.
4) I didn't have tried to install it at my system yet so I don't know if it would work or not.

But to tell you the truth nothing of the above answers matters for me at this time because now I am feeling so frustrated with what was told that I don't even want this stupid package (or any other Waves package) in my computer. I don't even to hear the word 'Waves' again in my life.

Anyway, I already disposed the horrid CD. It may be original stuff or not, now I will never know. To be sure that I wouldn't have the temptation to use it I stomped it and scratched it against the floor to make it completely ruined. That was the easy part. The hard part is that I don't know what to do with my friend because he will ask me at a certain point about the plugins and I don't know what I will say (fortunately we don't see each other very often so I have some time to think about this). But there is still a hardest part: deal with my own feelings. I am not a cry baby boy but I am an oversensitive person and all this stuff really messed with me. What should be a very good time that I have with my music hobby suddenly has turned into a reason for stress. And as the icing of the cake I was menaced to be banned from the forum and my morality was put under judgement.

:(

Jimmys69, I FULLY understand your reasons while a moderator. However it doesn't change what I am feeling now and probably nothing will fix it. The damage is already done.

Anyway, anyway, no more BS... Let's go directly to the point... I would like to congratulate all the comunity by the excellent job that is done here in this forum. I wish you people all the success of the world! I would like also to thank ALL fellows that has helped me in my short permanence in this forum for the several valuable tips you gave to me. What I am saying is that I am getting off. I know that some people will say that I shouldn't go, that it is not a reason for this etc, etc, etc, but sincerely I won't feeling good being here anymore because there will be always this 'ghost' hovering my head as if I would be constantly judged. Anyway, I know well how forums are.

But please don't get me wrong. I am not upset with any one, actually, as I said I have many things to thanks to everyone that contributed on my threads. It is just that I lost completely the drive on continue working on this project. Anyway, after a 28 years of awaiting it won't make any difference to put it in the back burner a few more time.

Now I will take a break of mixing and music. It's time to reopen my carpentry shop and spend the rest of the year among the wood while I try to forget this mess. Hopefuly 2015 will bring me back the drive I need. That's life. Just carry on!

:)

PS: Jimmys69, I am going to PM you to talk about my account.

Maybe you are over-reacting. :)
No one accused YOU of pirating software.....it was given to you, as you said.

We only pointed out that legal software is not easily passed from person to person, as it requires all the aforementioned steps to authenticate and install .....and that's why the feeling emerged that it was possibly a cracked copy if it was functional without the normal authentication and installation process.

Also....no need to hate on Waves products because of it. ;)
Waves is cool 'cuz they let you download their demos and have full use for 7 days.
So you can actually get the X-Noise, use it on your tracks for a week without buying....or most any of their other products....and then buy the ones you like.
Wait for the sales....they put everything on sale sooner or later.

Audio Deluxe is one of my favorite online outlets for great sales on plugs....just create an account with them, and they will send emails when sales pop up.

Fellows,

1) This is a 2005 version.
2) At any moment I imagined that it could be an illegal copy because the guy that gave it to me didn't mention it.
3) I don't know nothing about this iLok stuff.
4) I didn't have tried to install it at my system yet so I don't know if it would work or not.

But to tell you the truth nothing of the above answers matters for me at this time because now I am feeling so frustrated with what was told that I don't even want this stupid package (or any other Waves package) in my computer. I don't even to hear the word 'Waves' again in my life.

Anyway, I already disposed the horrid CD. It may be original stuff or not, now I will never know. To be sure that I wouldn't have the temptation to use it I stomped it and scratched it against the floor to make it completely ruined. That was the easy part. The hard part is that I don't know what to do with my friend because he will ask me at a certain point about the plugins and I don't know what I will say (fortunately we don't see each other very often so I have some time to think about this). But there is still a hardest part: deal with my own feelings. I am not a cry baby boy but I am an oversensitive person and all this stuff really messed with me. What should be a very good time that I have with my music hobby suddenly has turned into a reason for stress. And as the icing of the cake I was menaced to be banned from the forum and my morality was put under judgement.

:(

Jimmys69, I FULLY understand your reasons while a moderator. However it doesn't change what I am feeling now and probably nothing will fix it. The damage is already done.

Anyway, anyway, no more BS... Let's go directly to the point... I would like to congratulate all the comunity by the excellent job that is done here in this forum. I wish you people all the success of the world! I would like also to thank ALL fellows that has helped me in my short permanence in this forum for the several valuable tips you gave to me. What I am saying is that I am getting off. I know that some people will say that I shouldn't go, that it is not a reason for this etc, etc, etc, but sincerely I won't feeling good being here anymore because there will be always this 'ghost' hovering my head as if I would be constantly judged. Anyway, I know well how forums are.

But please don't get me wrong. I am not upset with any one, actually, as I said I have many things to thanks to everyone that contributed on my threads. It is just that I lost completely the drive on continue working on this project. Anyway, after a 28 years of awaiting it won't make any difference to put it in the back burner a few more time.

Now I will take a break of mixing and music. It's time to reopen my carpentry shop and spend the rest of the year among the wood while I try to forget this mess. Hopefuly 2015 will bring me back the drive I need. That's life. Just carry on!

:)

PS: Jimmys69, I am going to PM you to talk about my account.

No damage done man.

Let it go.

Actually, I was just letting you know what seemed to be happening. You should see my attitude when a member knowingly admits to using cracked software. :eek: You did not. :thumbs up:

No need to feel like you did anything wrong Yan. You seem to have a class set of morals.

Please continue to learn with the rest of us on this site. :)

Download the trial version of X-Noise and fix your issue. Then learn from others here how not to have the issue again. It is that simple buddy. :D

Back