How is it Possible that...

LOL. I'm not misquoting you from today; I'm misquoting you from months ago.
Didn't realise you mentioned it on the first page! :laughings:

:confused:

Well...I only got the Reverb 4000 maybe a month or so ago...and I didn't think I ever mentioned around here until today...though I might have in some thread (?)....I lose track of thread discussions from one forum website to another....though I was having a similar reverb discussion over in the Samplitude website...but I doubt you go there.

Then again...maybe it was someone else here from awhile back that was also talking about hardware reverbs. :)

I've been using the same Digitech GNX3000 for over 12 years. Love it. I have a bunch of sims in the pc too, they just don't sound better to me, it's that simple. The GNX sounds more organic, more detailed, more like real amps, and just not as thin or fake (strong word).

In the early 2000's, Digitech had the GNX series, the GNX 1, 2, 3, and 4. Then they came out with the 3000. I literally owned them all. The 3 and 4 are great too, but I like the 3000 the most. Then they discontinued the GNX line for the RP line, which are still made today, much cheaper and just not as good. There's been random rumors from time to time that a GNX-5 was in the works, but it never happened.

Back in the late 90's, before the GNX's came out, the RP line did exist first and was actually really good back then. I had the RP-7 which actually was tube-driven and sounded great. But when the GNX series came out, they were just better. A lot of hardcore Digitech fans are hoping they bring the GNX's back, but until then I'm happy with my old 3000. I have two, one for live and one for recording.

:confused:

Well...I only got the Reverb 4000 maybe a month or so ago...and I didn't think I ever mentioned around here until today...though I might have in some thread (?)....I lose track of thread discussions from one forum website to another....though I was having a similar reverb discussion over in the Samplitude website...but I doubt you go there.

Then again...maybe it was someone else here from awhile back that was also talking about hardware reverbs. :)

Who knows.lol. My memory beyond about a month blows!

The Tech21 SansAmp is older AND all analog, but within the relatively limited range that it covers, will stand up pretty well next to any of the more modern options.

I'm curious how people traditionally use this thing. Before the amp? No amp and just DI? Cabinet ever, or defeating the purpose?

I'm curious how people traditionally use this thing. Before the amp? No amp and just DI? Cabinet ever, or defeating the purpose?

I've used it di and with a power amp. Sometimes the power amp was a PA type power amp (crown, as, etc...) Sometimes it was a tube power amp, like a Mesa 50/50 or a Marshall jmp1. (If I rember those names correctly from 15 years ago)

Obviously all of those different methods will give you different results, but you can get useable tones no matter which way you use it.

I mean how often do people put a Mic in front of one guitar amp and then run that into another guitar amp? You could probably get some interesting tones that way, but...

I mean how often do people put a Mic in front of one guitar amp and then run that into another guitar amp? You could probably get some interesting tones that way, but...

I guess I meant how is it intended to be used... replace the amp, or go before it

I just answered that question. It's an amp/cab/mic simulator like any other, and they're all intended to run direct, flat, and clean.

Edit - Sometimes if I don't feel like bringing my whole computer to a gig, but I need to be louder than my AC4 can get, I stick the sansamp (actually the behringer clone nowadays) at the end of my pedal board and bring one of my powered PA speakers.

I recorded almost exclusively through my old tech21 for quite a few years. Guitars, bass, keys sometimes... As soon as I got something that did a decent Vox sim, though, it got shelved and/or used for other band members who weren't so finicky.

Back