how does vocal supposed to sound like as raw without eq comp fx etc?

jerberson12

mucis procedure
Hi guys if u have a decent mic with decent preamp/interface without any eq comp fx in this chain, does it supposed to sound fat big and wide coz it sound like it on mine assuming I was 6 inch from the mic. Or maybe somethings wrong with mic technique or placement

It depends on the source. If the source sounds thin then it should sound thin. If the source sounds fat then he/she should go on a diet :D =^..^=

Last edited:
It sounds the way you want it to sound. Just find the right placement and settings to your taste. There is no wrong way to eat a Reeses:D

Hi guys if u have a decent mic with decent preamp/interface without any eq comp fx in this chain, does it supposed to sound fat big and wide coz it sound like it on mine assuming I was 6 inch from the mic. Or maybe somethings wrong with mic technique or placement
I gotta say that this is the first time I ever heard someone worried because their vocals tracked "fat, big and wide". Most folks would be willing to have someone rip their spleen out with bare hands in order to achieve "fat, big and wide" vocals out of the gate ;).

As said, though, in and of themselves vocal trackings are not "supposed to" sound like anything in particular; they will sound like how you have them set up to sound. If you don't want fat, big and wide, then it should be pretty easy to re-record them in a bad closet, as sung by Don Knotts, and mangle them in post to sound thin, small and narrow.
There is no wrong way to eat a Reeses:D
You never tried boiling them, have you? :eek: ;)

G.

Ewwwwwww! Santa is gonna put coal in your stockings JUST FOR THAT! :p
Actually that'll work out OK for me, I can use the coal for building the traditional Christmas fire we use for roasting the holiday Sno-Caps! :D

Felicitous Solstice...er...Happy Bodi Day...ummmm...Merry Christmas...yeah, that's it!

G.

Last edited:
Back