Help advice needed

I wouldn't say get another Behr speaker as a monitor - frankly they are ok as monitors, but the sound can be a little harsh from them as you push them - the SPL is pretty low for a main speaker. But for a small winetasting gig like you describe, they're fine. It probably sounded better to you when you hooked everything up to face you because you didn't have to crank the Behrs up, reducing the overall harshness.
The Marshall is an acoustic voice + guitar amp, so also is fine for using how you're using it.
If you find yourself needing more volume (larger venues/gigs) look at getting some better mains, and using one of the Behrs as your monitor, and get a proper mixer to use instead of the Marshall.

Academic now, based on later posts, but...

I wouldn't normally suggest a B210 as a monitor but, in the is case, it would let a solo performer hear exactly the same tone that the audience is getting. It's also dirt cheap and sounds surprisingly good for the money. A very small amount of HF cut on the built in tone controls (calling it EQ is being too kind) and there's little harshness and a surprisingly clean, loud SPL.

As I say, it's far from the best out there but in this particular situation it might have some advantages for the OP.

It's a sound engineering principle that you should never tell your wife that you're considering another piece of gear. Just sneak it in, let it gather some dust, maybe apply a sticker and, if she notices just fall back on "Oh, that. I've had it for ages...I just dug it out of the cupboard again because I thought this gig needed it".

Works like a charm!

Who here HASN'T done that?! :thumbs up:

Academic now, based on later posts, but...

I wouldn't normally suggest a B210 as a monitor but, in the is case, it would let a solo performer hear exactly the same tone that the audience is getting. It's also dirt cheap and sounds surprisingly good for the money. A very small amount of HF cut on the built in tone controls (calling it EQ is being too kind) and there's little harshness and a surprisingly clean, loud SPL.

As I say, it's far from the best out there but in this particular situation it might have some advantages for the OP.

Gotta love the Behr Specs:
LF Driver Power Amp 135W
HF Driver Power Amp 38W
Total Power 200W (Someone doesn't know how to add!)
They list the SPL as 113.

For the same retail price ($200), I'd get the 300 watt Alto TX12 with an SPL of 118 - I just think they sound better. Or save up some money and get some decent Yamaha, or QSC (etc) mains and leave the Behrs as monitor(s).

What would you suggest as better mains and a proper mixer with $1000 budget? Thanks for advice I have no experience with PA equipment. I really enjoy playing.

All I'd say to that is even low end mixers sound pretty good (long term reliability aside), but not so with speakers.
Figure out how much mixer you need- price those features, then look at how much can be steered towards the speakers?

Back