Headphone Choice

I went for the AGK in the end, mainly cos I got a good deal on them, I think they may have been discontinued.

argh, i bought new headphones this weekend too. I wanted the 701's, but couldn't find them in any store here in Detroit area, only on eBay. So, I went with the Fostex model that you coincidentally mentioned previously.

The Fostex are very quiet - almost too quiet. I don't do all my mixing loud, but i do like to check the balance of things when cranked a bit, and I can't really do that with these. Also, the two brief mixes I did with them this weekend as a test came out "honky"...i've never had the issue of honky guitars before, so I think there's some clarity lacking in the mid-range with these. Bass is very indistinct in them as well. I have been using the HD280's for the last year and a half, so I may have been very used to them. I'm considering taking back the Fostex's and just sticking with what I know - my mixes are starting to translate much better with the pair i'm more familiar with.

how are the 701's holding up? still happy with them?

Back