[SOLVED] haas effect query

If you pan inside cuebase, and the master in the cuebase mixer is not hard panning, then check your vst connections for proper patching. if it is ok at the cuebase master, then look at the patches in the sound card's control panel. Also you should look at the master in cuebase to see if there is other things not correct.

Also it would be helpful if you post the screenshots of them: (cuebase master, vst connections, and sound card patches in the m-audio control panel)

Thanks for replying. I've just posted some screenshots but here's the one re vst connections.

Attachments

• IMG_6008.JPG
    IMG_6008.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6009.JPG
    IMG_6009.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
In Cubase, check your Outputs. From main menu at top: Devices>VST Connections>Outputs.

What does that show?

Please provide screenshot.

Also post a screenshot of your Inputs on the screen.

Both of these will tell us you have the ASIO driver connected properly as they will show the interface and device ports.

Thanks for reply. I have just posted those pics.

I would guess to get rid of that mono output bus. Make sure your tracks go to the stereo out via the inspector window. Far left panel on the main project window.

Sorry so short. In session.

I do wonder if there's anything wrong with the PC or the soundcard. If the stereo out in the Cubase mixer shows normal panning but is not repeated in the soundcard mixer doesn't it suggest the problem lies between the two? If there were external cabling issues the soundcard and cubase mixers would be unaffected wouldn't they?
Take a look at these three screen shots. A mono sample panned L-C-R. Note the left panned one has signal L & R and the centred one shows a weaker signal on the left, not by much but it's consistent.

Attachments

• IMG_6018.JPG
    IMG_6018.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6020.JPG
    IMG_6020.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6023.JPG
    IMG_6023.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
I do wonder if there's anything wrong with the PC or the soundcard. If the stereo out in the Cubase mixer shows normal panning but is not repeated in the soundcard mixer doesn't it suggest the problem lies between the two?

Yeah, absolutely. I totally misunderstood the problem at the start.

Download reaper or audacity and see if you have the same results there.

Yeah, absolutely. I totally misunderstood the problem at the start.

Download reaper or audacity and see if you have the same results there.

Thanks. I've tried this on Audacity and also Mixpad. Both work fine. I've also re-installed Cubase. Not sure where this leaves me????

That's great! Sort of. lol.
Sorry man, I wasted a whole bunch of time there.

I guess that means either a: cubase global routing setup has a mistake or b: there's something wrong with the specific session setup.
Have you always had this issue or is it (or cubase) new to you?

I Pm'd Jimmy to let him know I led you the wrong way. ;)

That's great! Sort of. lol.
Sorry man, I wasted a whole bunch of time there.

I guess that means either a: cubase global routing setup has a mistake or b: there's something wrong with the specific session setup.
Have you always had this issue or is it (or cubase) new to you?

I Pm'd Jimmy to let him know I led you the wrong way. ;)

No problem at all. I appreciate your time & assistance.
I'm not new to Cubase although I haven't used it for a year or so. It's only recently I've had this problem.
How would I address the two possible causes you mention?
I can't visualise the connection between Cubase output & the soundcard input. I had a graphics card replaced recently because the display in Cubase was unstable, i.e. bits of other windows were showing on top of the current window etc. Don't know if that's relevant.

Honestly, I'm not really sure.
I use Protools but your screenshots would suggest everything's correct.

Hoping an eagled eyed cubase user can help you out. :(

Sorry Geoff. Super busy day...

So that is really strange and I can't think of anything setup wise you have wrong. A couple of things to try tho:

I do recall there were at least two updates for Cubase 4. One was an emergency hotfix, and another the final version update. Are you registered with Steinberg? I'm not even sure if those updates are still available as that was a long time ago. Oh, here link if you are registered. LINK

And it doesn't even show the hotfix.

Another possibility may be to trash your preferences folder. Cubase can freak out sometimes if those get corrupted. Especially older versions.

I believe you will have to find a folder called appdata somewhere in the Cubase program files in Windows. Or something like that. You delete the folder and restart Cubase. It will create a new set of preferences. THis can cure many weird shit like this.

Sorry man, it has been a long time since I used Cubase 4.

Let me know how you get along.

Thanks for reply Jimmy. Yes I am registered and I'm running 4.5.2 which I think was the latest update. I'll try the preferences thing and hope it does the trick. I'm asking around a few people as well so hopefully I'll get it sorted. Will let you know.
Much appreciate your advice.

Sorry Geoff. Super busy day...

So that is really strange and I can't think of anything setup wise you have wrong. A couple of things to try tho:

I do recall there were at least two updates for Cubase 4. One was an emergency hotfix, and another the final version update. Are you registered with Steinberg? I'm not even sure if those updates are still available as that was a long time ago. Oh, here link if you are registered. LINK

And it doesn't even show the hotfix.

Another possibility may be to trash your preferences folder. Cubase can freak out sometimes if those get corrupted. Especially older versions.

I believe you will have to find a folder called appdata somewhere in the Cubase program files in Windows. Or something like that. You delete the folder and restart Cubase. It will create a new set of preferences. THis can cure many weird shit like this.

Sorry man, it has been a long time since I used Cubase 4.

Let me know how you get along.

Tried the preferences thing Jimmy and it worked !!!
Many thanks for all replies.

Back