guitar pedals in-series but how can i put them on 6 seperate audio tracks

walters

I have my guitar pedals in-series but how can i put them on 6 seperate audio tracks?

I don't want to use a SPLIT boxes i want to use a MIXER inserts or aux to do this but how can i put each guitar pedal on a SEPERATE audio track so i can pan each one?

Block diagram?
1.) guitar = Track#1
2.) Wha = Track#2
3.) Phaser = Track#3
4.) Fuzz face = track#4
5.) Chours = Track#5
6.) Delay = Track#6

Without using a SPlitter box how can i do this? with just using a mixer?

2.) how can i make a 10 channel mixer and use the 10 channels as AUX tracks?

I want to buy a cheap behringer 10 channel mixer , but use the INput channels with the fader as AUX tracks how can i do this please?

Must be some way of using the Mixer channels As AUX tracks

Aux tracks are parrallel signal tracks- is splits the dry signal and then remixes them at the output

If i have a mixer with "direct outputs" on each channel and "insert I/O" this must be a way to turn INput channels into AUX tracks

What would i need to use to do this or set up to make a 10 channel mixer into a 10 channel AUX 1/0 board not a mixer it will be a 10 channel AUX 1/0 board only but using each channel on the mixer like a AUX track?

You'll need to find or build a 10-channel audio distribution amp or router. No other way... other than tracking 10 separate tracks.

I just remembered. I might have what you need in my basement... if the centipedes haven't eaten it: A Hedco programmable router. It was made for video, but has audio connections. Seach the internet for one. I'm not going down in that basement unless I've good cause!!

I have my guitar pedals in-series but how can i put them on 6 seperate audio tracks?

I don't want to use a SPLIT boxes i want to use a MIXER inserts or aux to do this but how can i put each guitar pedal on a SEPERATE audio track so i can pan each one?

Block diagram?
1.) guitar = Track#1
2.) Wha = Track#2
3.) Phaser = Track#3
4.) Fuzz face = track#4
5.) Chours = Track#5
6.) Delay = Track#6

Without using a SPlitter box how can i do this? with just using a mixer?

Group sends? But not on a cheap mixer most likely.

Where can I buy a Chours? Sounds interesting. Is this the sound that Hendrix got on Machine Gun? What's the best one under $50?

Amp Distributor - this is a SPLITTER

Why can i NOT do this?

I want to use the FADERs as Aux blender/volumes not to track
i'll be using the mixer as a AUX blender

how can i do this???

This one is gettin a lot of praise at the moment.

Attachments

• 12_Speed_Blender_With_Glass_Jug.jpg
    12_Speed_Blender_With_Glass_Jug.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 88
Mod your mixer to have the channel direct outs (if you have enough of them) tap the channel before the inserts. Then you can run guitar dry into channel 1, and then daisy chain/cascade the dry signal via your direct outs to subsequent channels 2 through however far your directs will go. That will give you dry guitar into several channels without a splitter box. Then you can insert your individual crappy FX on each individual channel.

Then as a service to the audio engineering community at large, whichever of these three methods you use, when you're done you stick the business end of a 12-gauge shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger with your toe.

G.

Last edited:
WRONG! If it wasn't possible, he wouldn't be asking how to do it.

I don't care enough to think about how to get it done, but I can assure you that he already knows how to do it.

i'm sure that it is possible...but walters being walters, we'll just say it's not :)

How can i daisy chain/cascade the dry signal without using a Splitter box??
Mod your mixer to have the channel direct outs (if you have enough of them) tap the channel before the inserts. Then you can run guitar dry into channel 1, and then daisy chain/cascade the dry signal via your direct outs to subsequent channels 2 through however far your directs will go. That will give you dry guitar into several channels without a splitter box. Then you can insert your individual crappy FX on each individual channel.

G.

Take your guitar. Drill 9 holes in it. Install Jack sockets into all of them. Get ten amplifiers (make sure they are all Mesa Boogie Road Kings with 2 4x12 cabs each - this will cost a bit but it's the only way to do it), ten microphones, and 10 preamps. Run each output of your guitar through an fx pedal into each amp and record them all simultaniously into your mdi input via 12 Alesis 3630's in series. You will need to buy a 10 way Jack to midi splitter, and it it will not only have to be TRS, but XLR and USB aswell. It would help if you could get a Firewire one of these as they provide more heat to the room. You need to make sure your room is at exctly 22.67 degrees, with a temperature of 21 degrees centigrade. From there ensure you have fruity loops running, and run all of that through (in this exact order) Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Yahoo Messenger, and Britney Spears' official website. Route all of this through Fruity Loops and into your mixer. Make sure you have high pass fillets on every channel of your mixer. DO NOT USE HIGH PASS FILTERS OR YOUR MIXER WILL CATCH FIRE. They must be high pass fillets. If you do all of this correctly, you will be able to accomplish what you are hoping. If not, your mixer will become carnivorous and you will have to take it to be repaired by a trained economist.

Take your guitar. Drill 9 holes in it. Install Jack sockets into all of them. Get ten amplifiers (make sure they are all Mesa Boogie Road Kings with 2 4x12 cabs each - this will cost a bit but it's the only way to do it), ten microphones, and 10 preamps. Run each output of your guitar through an fx pedal into each amp and record them all simultaniously into your mdi input via 12 Alesis 3630's in series. You will need to buy a 10 way Jack to midi splitter, and it it will not only have to be TRS, but XLR and USB aswell. It would help if you could get a Firewire one of these as they provide more heat to the room. You need to make sure your room is at exctly 22.67 degrees, with a temperature of 21 degrees centigrade. From there ensure you have fruity loops running, and run all of that through (in this exact order) Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Yahoo Messenger, and Britney Spears' official website. Route all of this through Fruity Loops and into your mixer. Make sure you have high pass fillets on every channel of your mixer. DO NOT USE HIGH PASS FILTERS OR YOUR MIXER WILL CATCH FIRE. They must be high pass fillets. If you do all of this correctly, you will be able to accomplish what you are hoping. If not, your mixer will become carnivorous and you will have to take it to be repaired by a trained economist.
You nailed it.

Seems easy enough to do with a patchbay half-normalled. Patch each pedal into the front, run your series patched across the front, tap off the back to your mixer. Jezz guys, what's the big deal?

Back