glossy,polish,shinning sound on the master 2 track??

walters

What makes the 2 track master have that "polish sound"?

What equipment or gear would create that polish sound?

I put a EQ,compressor,reverb on the output 2 track Buss but i'm not getting that Polish mastering sound why is that? what am i not doing right?

what piece of gear will give that glossy,polish,shinning sound on the master 2 track??

When I want to get that "Polish" sound I insert an accordion in the master bus. Works well for Italian music too.

Walters has almost as many rep points as I do, I find that very gratifying for some strange reason.

More rep for Walters!

what piece of gear will give that glossy,polish,shinning sound on the master 2 track??

What would u guy do to the 2 track master to give it that glossy,polish,shinning sound ?

What would u guy do to the 2 track master to give it that glossy,polish,shinning sound ?

Subtractive Germanization. Germans have been known to squash that Polish sound you're looking for. The more Germans you take out, the more Polish you'll end up with.

Subtractive Germanization. Germans have been known to squash that Polish sound you're looking for. The more Germans you take out, the more Polish you'll end up with.
Many people don't realize that "Gesundheit!" actually translates into "turn towards Poland." ;)
masteringhouse said:
Walters also leaves his wisdom on Gearslutz
And is a returning guest star on Harmony Central as well. His bandwidth- and breath-wasting play no favorites.

G.

I just jack it untill my cock explodes...that makes a great sheen for my recordings... I just rub my jizz on the tape untill it's smooth and shiny.

If there is anything you can learn from this thread, then it is this: Rep points don't mean anything.

For the actual question: I don't think, anyone can help you, as we don't know how your mix sound to begin with. We don't even know the kind of music you are doing.
Maybe you just have to tweak your effect chain a bit. A common error is overusage of them. Maybe it isn't the right approach for your mix altogether. Maybe your mix has serious flaws to begin with. We don't know.
You should post an example of your unmasterd mix in the mixing clinic, I'd say. Tell some references for that certain sound you are seeking as well.

Also Walters

This Thread proves two things:

1. that anyone with more than 3,000 posts on a forum called "HomeRecording.com" but then tells you to either go to a Studio or Get it done Professionally is just either a Tool with too much order in Pizza a chair that's way too comfortable or:

2. Small time "mastering houses" and "Studio" use this forum, the one called HomeRecording.com to "try" to proliferate their business while all the time telling you they USE "State of the Art" "analogue" gear to Master your track: when the contents of their equipment list is actually A tape emulation machine and Waves Diamond bundle....sorry i'm out of line there ...maybe the URS series also.

So if you read this post up a mix ..as Logic says there correctly on both occasions it's probably your mix, most mixes have issues with bottom "Boom" and those frequencies often then have an adverse effect on the compression and how you use it.

try multi-band compression, keep burning and listening to your track against others on say a $45 piece of shit Teac with no bottom end in it….if it booms still you haven't got it right.

To some of the the other guys why don't you go get 3000+ “Rep” points on

TryingToFlogMyFakeMastering/mixingStudio.com

Instead of

HomeRecording.com

Don't worry, my follies in the cat forum are going to make my name redder than the back of Larry The Cable Guy's neck....

rep points are idiotic. People just neg rep you to watch you go red when you don't agree with them...lame.

"Have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

-Winston Churchill

Avoid sheepism........

This Thread proves two things:

1. that anyone with more than 3,000 posts on a forum called "HomeRecording.com" but then tells you to either go to a Studio or Get it done Professionally is just either a Tool with too much order in Pizza a chair that's way too comfortable or:

2. Small time "mastering houses" and "Studio" use this forum, the one called HomeRecording.com to "try" to proliferate their business while all the time telling you they USE "State of the Art" "analogue" gear to Master your track: when the contents of their equipment list is actually A tape emulation machine and Waves Diamond bundle....sorry i'm out of line there ...maybe the URS series also.

So if you read this post up a mix ..as Logic says there correctly on both occasions it's probably your mix, most mixes have issues with bottom "Boom" and those frequencies often then have an adverse effect on the compression and how you use it.

try multi-band compression, keep burning and listening to your track against others on say a $45 piece of shit Teac with no bottom end in it….if it booms still you haven't got it right.

To some of the the other guys why don't you go get 3000+ “Rep” points on

TryingToFlogMyFakeMastering/mixingStudio.com

Instead of

HomeRecording.com

Shut up you fucking nub. You're too stupid to realize that Walters is nothing but a joke and makes up stupid posts all over the Internet.

Plenty of advice here on polish. Precious little advice on getting that shinning sound.

Polish with no shinning is no use to man nor beast.

Shinning is a result of recording everything at 384khz. Doubled. Panned hard left and right. Then I'd use a shinning compressor. I don't know which is the best shinning compressor under $100 (for rap) though. Sorry :(

Back