FREE VST Plugins

Jimham70

Everybody loves FREE so I thought I'd start a current 2017 thread asking members to post about their favorite FREE VST Plugins and explain why. List any URLs to the source if you can and help elevate the level of the craft of Mixing & Mastering.

Everybody loves FREE so I thought I'd start a current 2017 thread asking members to post about their favorite FREE VST Plugins and explain why. List any URLs to the source if you can and help elevate the level of the craft of Mixing & Mastering.

There is a subforum for plugins elsewhere on this site. Also, there is a current thread called "favorite plugins". Free isn't specified there, but just as a heads up.

Audio Damage Rough Rider - not a transparent compressor but can do a stupendous crush (when appropriate) and sounds good.

Voxengo Old Skool Verb - I generally like stuff dry. I also hate most stock reverb plugins. The Voxengo one doesn't suck.

Variety of Sound has some great sounding plugs if you're still in the 32 bit world. Not sure if they are available as 64 bit.

Nope

Audio Damage Rough Rider - not a transparent compressor but can do a stupendous crush (when appropriate) and sounds good.

Voxengo Old Skool Verb - I generally like stuff dry. I also hate most stock reverb plugins. The Voxengo one doesn't suck.

Variety of Sound has some great sounding plugs if you're still in the 32 bit world. Not sure if they are available as 64 bit.

I have these plugins and they work for me in Studio One Pro V3
Even though this may be the wrong place to list plugins ... it does pertain to the thread so I do want to mention some that I think are really good.
Tokyo Dawn Records has 4 ... SlikEQ, Kotelinkov, Proximity & Nova ... these are all great.
Vladlislav .... Molot03 & Limiter#6 are very cool.
Klanghelm has 3 free ones and some $14-$26... Meter, Compressor & Saturation offerings. They are awesome!
BlueCat Audio has several but the Frequency Analyzer is a must.
Melda Productions gives away a whole boatload in one download.
Izotope .... Neutrino & Vinyl ... really good stuff.
Softube ... Tube Saturation ... a classic.
Plugin Boutique offers a bunch & also Plugin Alliance has several free ones.
There are so many more and this information can help anyone on a budget.
Please forgive the misplacement of this information.

Back