First mix, voice issue

Here it is what I think that could be considered a final mix within my poor experience with the job.
I am not sure but I have the impression that the voice is a tad louder than it should. Opinions?

:)

I liked it. It took me a little time to get the feel for it. It's sort of like a 60's or 70's movie sound track. I don't think the vocal is too loud. That's a matter of taste. I would say the bass could come up a bit and the drums sounds are not helping what is actually a smooth sounding song. The guitar effects all add to the flow..........so........thanks for letting me listen.

Thanks for your feedback, Mickster!

:thumbs up:

Interesting that you have mentioned the 'soundtrack feel' because my main influence comes from the first albums of a NY band called Ivy and the very first time I heard them was in the soundtrack of the movie 'Shalow Hal'.

:)

Vocals sounded fine, on my system bass was fine as well. Drums need some work. It is taking away from everything else. Can't give you an exact cause, but they just didn't seem to fit. If they are MIDI, you can soften the hits, if they are real (I can't tell for the most part) you may try tracking with a lighter touch.

Other wise, nice song, sounded good.

Back