A favor of sorts -- Need a recorded drum-check.

Massive Master

www.massivemastering.com
Long story, but I have to do a "basics course" of sorts for a small cadre of theatre technicians. I have a decent selection of multi-track stuff to work with (which I'll have to abbreviate due to only having 8 outputs at my disposal).

What I don't have - and which is rather crucial in most cases - is a drum-check. I always used to record them at the top of a session just so I didn't have to keep going to the one place the guy hit the floor tom later.

Any chance anyone out there has a standard 5-piece kit that would indulge me 8 .wav files for educational purposes?

Maybe 30-40 hits on the [1] kick - the [2] snare - [3] hat - [4] tom 1 - [5] tom 2 - [6] floor - (and [7] OHL - [8] OHR along with a few minutes of the whole kit).

One pass - No fuss. I want the leakage, I want the other toms to sympathize, etc. A reasonably good sounding kit would be a bonus (they're sort of used to world-class performers on world-class kits).

Of course, they gave me a budget of $0.00 -- But perhaps I could barter by doing a couple singles in exchange...? Meh...?

That all said - If anyone knows an existing source for such material, I'd certainly be open to that also. I know of several sources for multitrack sessions, but few of the prep that goes into one.

Long story, but I have to do a "basics course" of sorts for a small cadre of theatre technicians. I have a decent selection of multi-track stuff to work with (which I'll have to abbreviate due to only having 8 outputs at my disposal).

What I don't have - and which is rather crucial in most cases - is a drum-check. I always used to record them at the top of a session just so I didn't have to keep going to the one place the guy hit the floor tom later.

Any chance anyone out there has a standard 5-piece kit that would indulge me 8 .wav files for educational purposes?

Maybe 30-40 hits on the [1] kick - the [2] snare - [3] hat - [4] tom 1 - [5] tom 2 - [6] floor - (and [7] OHL - [8] OHR along with a few minutes of the whole kit).

One pass - No fuss. I want the leakage, I want the other toms to sympathize, etc. A reasonably good sounding kit would be a bonus (they're sort of used to world-class performers on world-class kits).

Of course, they gave me a budget of $0.00 -- But perhaps I could barter by doing a couple singles in exchange...? Meh...?

That all said - If anyone knows an existing source for such material, I'd certainly be open to that also. I know of several sources for multitrack sessions, but few of the prep that goes into one.

I'll hook you up. Are you publishing this as an online class or are just gonna show this to a class of students in person? It'll be easier if I could just send an entire session then let you pick out what you need. Let me know what DAWs you can open them with.

If you're gonna publish it, I need to get permission. If its purely for in person demonstration, I have some recordings of people that I'm sure won't care. If you PM me your email, I'll upload some stuff then send you a google drive link.

Aw shit. I completely mis-read your post. You need the recorded sounds of the drummer sound checking, not a recording OF a drummer TO sound check with.

I can't think of a session where I kept this stuff. I almost never do because I use augmentation triggers. Sorry about that!

Worse things can happen and I appreciate the offer anyway. For the record, it's an in-theatre private thing. No publication or what not.

Back