fake stereo technic from hit song mixer

loungeclaus

Hey everybody, it's my first post : I'm a producer learning a lot mixing technics, if possible from the bests :)

Today I am trying to reverse a technic from a hit song engineer used to create a punchy stereo effect, even more powerful than the mono signal.

I have the original sample, I bounced it in mono and tried since 3 hours to reverse the technic, with no close result.

Here is the original sample (mono+stereo signal) : Stereo result - Clyp

Here is the mono signal I've bounced from the original : Voc Mono - Clyp

I challenge you to find the technic to come to the result of the original sample.

The closest result I have is to duplicate 2 times the mono track, pan left one and the other on the right, flip the polarity of one of the copies, then add a doubler from Waves also. The original sample seems to not have a stereo based on time but more on polarity.

Here is a screenshot from the original :
Screenshot_2017_06_02_20_43_20.png

The overall signal is on negative -0.5 polarity.

Could you help me in trying to find the technic ? I'm sure we all will learn something about this...

That sample is REALLY distorted and low fi.

If you're trying to recreate the effect modern pop/hip-hop songs use of the crowd of guys chanting "hey" with this, you're gonna have a bad time. You could use a sample like this to interesting effect, but you're not going to achieve that very well.

That sample is REALLY distorted and low fi.

If you're trying to recreate the effect modern pop/hip-hop songs use of the crowd of guys chanting "hey" with this, you're gonna have a bad time. You could use a sample like this to interesting effect, but you're not going to achieve that very well.

I'm not trying to reproduce the sample ;) I'm trying to reproduce the stereo effect, which is, on the original, very wide on the sides. The first link is the original sample, the second link is the mono file of the original sample and I try to create the same stereo of the original. And I'm having a hard time doing it, it's not as powerful as the example. I'm not trying to reproduce the saturated effect ;)

I tried to invert the phases, put some echoes, but it's not close to the example, maybe I should put a very small echo... anyway the stereo signal of the example seems very dry

Try a stereo pan plugin? Or double the tracks, pan one left the other right, then nudge one of them a few samples to create an offset.

I challenge you to find the technic to come to the result of the original sample.

It's actually pretty simple....there's nothing unusual about that stereo version that can't be reproduced...you just need the right plugin.
Try bx_stereomaker

I don't use any plug. In the DAW groups are Left, Center, and Right. That goes out to my dual MONO L&R, and common L&R and secrete processing to a final, 2nd mixer for the double-wide. Somehow, it gets to the 2-track really wide. The 2-track is, also, 4 into L & R - Chan 1 a&b, Chan 2 a&b. The only pan is in the DAW groups and 2nd mixer

Back