Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: external effects, long delay

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    4

    external effects, long delay

    Sign in to disable this ad
    I've set up an external compressor in Cubase for mixing but I'm getting a terrible time lag, despite pressing the delay compensation
    button.

    VID_20180208_200324306.mp4 - Google Drive

    The soundcard is a Behringer UMC 404HD and is setup as below.
    Any help appreciated,
    Mike

    umcextfx.JPG - Google Drive

    umcins.JPG - Google Drive

    umcouts.JPG - Google Drive

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    4
    Any ideas please?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Posts
    7,865
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 439 Times in 415 Posts
    Rep Power
    8482724
    Quote Originally Posted by spottydog10 View Post
    Any ideas please?
    Well only one, try posting in the specialist Cubase section. However, maybe the honeymoon period of the uber cheap Berry AIs is over? There have been many reports of how good they are for the money, maybe the drivers are ***t? I know the ones for my BCA2000 were and then the electronics started to go west. Still in the loft.

    Dave.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    Well only one, try posting in the specialist Cubase section. However, maybe the honeymoon period of the uber cheap Berry AIs is over? There have been many reports of how good they are for the money, maybe the drivers are ***t? I know the ones for my BCA2000 were and then the electronics started to go west. Still in the loft.

    Dave.
    Hi Dave,
    Did my setup appear correct to you?
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Posts
    7,865
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 439 Times in 415 Posts
    Rep Power
    8482724
    Quote Originally Posted by spottydog10 View Post
    Hi Dave,
    Did my setup appear correct to you?
    Thanks
    Don't know mate! I bought Cubase Ess 6 for my son some years ago but I never got much further with it than setting the 2496 card up and plonking on some software drums!

    There are plenty of 'Cubasists' about at HR, as I say try their 10/20!

    Dave.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    4
    Thanks mate, I'll bung it into the Cubase forum.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    56892
    Quote Originally Posted by spottydog10 View Post
    I've set up an external compressor in Cubase for mixing but I'm getting a terrible time lag,
    What exactly do you mean by a lag?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1 second delay using live effects
    By spyglass67 in forum Don't Fear The Reaper
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 10:36
  2. Best Delay effects: Looking for ideas
    By amt7565 in forum The Rack
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 23:15
  3. Digital Delay Effects
    By Masters Of War in forum Guitars and Basses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 12:11
  4. plug in effects vs. external effects
    By sessep_2002 in forum The Rack
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-11-2002, 06:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •