Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Eq

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Yea Gobbler's a pain in the rear. I've recently just been updating/getting new releases directly from the Slate website. Started an account there and it's been much less of a headache than silly Gobbler.
    Pro Tools 12.7 - Superior Drummer 2.0 - Sound Forge Pro 10

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAmato View Post
    Yea Gobbler's a pain in the rear. I've recently just been updating/getting new releases directly from the Slate website. Started an account there and it's been much less of a headache than silly Gobbler.
    Now that I recall...yeah, the Gobbler nonsense. Wen they first started using Gobbler, it certainly added to my lack of interest in getting more Slate plugs.
    Initially Gobbler was having issues, and continued, with Slate sending out "sorry" emails....but just in general I hated the idea of having to register my stuff on yet another website in order to by Slate products. So I just walked away.
    I mean, it wasn't just because of Gobbler...I was also trying to minimize how many different vendors I was going to deal with for plugs. The Gobbler nonsense just helped me to decide.
    Besides that, I was amassing a large Wave plugin collection, plus the Plugin Alliance stuff, and a few others...and I just didn't really see anything substantially different/better from Slate, so I subconsciously walked away. I still get Slate emails because I have an account, and I look to see what they're selling...and so far, nothing has attracted my attention enough to buy again...and certainly not to subscribe.

But it's not like Slate stuff is bad...it's just what people connect with and then you're kind of locked in with the whole thing.
    I've seen people lately walking away from Waves...because of their Upgrade/Update plans, and the fact that if you have old working plugs, you may get screwed down the road if OS changes, or some other things, because you'll have to pay up again to Waves. I mean, you're OK if you stay put, but for guys who are doing more commercial recording, the idea of being sorta at the mercy of the next Waves Vxx...it's not comforting.
    Which is why I like plugs I can just buy and use wherever...etc.

Thanks
    People walking away from Waves? Let's be real here....

I had access to the full Mercury Bundle when I first started my 'home' studio 8 years ago. They were cracked. Makes sense why the company is using new means to secure their product. Hell, I would surely secure the rights to my product and be fucking pissed if someone stole my software!

I built my now 'semi professional' studio and system with the intent of using what I learned from others. One of them was to never introduce cracked versions of anything. I purchased a few of the plugs because I was used to them and they worked for me. Yeah, $199 I think I paid for the API 2500. I find that worth the money as I use it consistently. Way cheaper now sadly...

It seems to me that the reason Waves is discounting is because their software was free to the fucktards that already stole the software and they now need to sell it to the honest guys just to make some profit.

Poor security was obviously an issue for Waves. It is sad.

The fact that that happened made things like Ilok a necessity.

BTW, if you don't like Ilok, well then you either are not honest or don't want to bother protecting your own security.

I personally have no issue having my authorization credentials for paid software in one place.

Target, Home Depot, Wallmart, and Paypal have all fucked up and allowed scammers to rip me off with my credit cards...

That is a different story altogether...

BTW, my password is Scorpio!!257

LOL!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    I love iLok. I wish every plugin I have could be authorized through it.
    My home studio ---> www.nerolstudio.com

Thanks
    I’ve had the least trouble with iLok of all the schemes. But I have total sympathy for the unlucky folks it causes problems for. DRM just sucks, wish we all could just be honest.

The internet is full of the “I’m only using the cracked version until I start making money” excuse. But then people like avicii and kanye were pirating even after making gold records.

Thanks
    I don't use much EQ at all. It's kind of a thing for me to get it right at the capture.....That being said, even though I do have a large library of stuff to choose from, I find I only use a few and only for specific things. I never use anything else on bass except the API 550a or 550b. It just sounds "right". I like a 1073 on some things and the Scheps73 gives me that "grit" on others. I have the UAD Harrison 32 EQ that I find will add that little "something" when a tracks needs to pop. I have the Waves Abbey Road collection and will use the RS56 to get a sheen on a drum sub-master. Thats mostly it though on occasion I'll need the MAAG or something very surgical especially when I'm sent tracks I didn't track in my room.
    Chord with this, Teddy......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    People walking away from Waves? Let's be real here....
    If we're talking about people by large, and we're talking about the money they spend, then people are NOT walking away from Waves. Nor are they walking away from Pro Tools or from Avid. That isn't a statement I'd take as any kind of truth.

Thread Information