Dynaudio Sells to Chinese Company

I already have monitors so I couldn't care less. iEverything is made in China already. Owner probably enjoying the retirement buyout.

Hmm. And the reasoning for this being a bad thing is based on what?

I would guess based on the idea that Chinese made = junk.

This is kind of what it was like maybe in the sixties when made in Japan = junk.

However, China, like Japan, is developing rapidly . . . not just economically, but in the sophistication of technology. Quality Control is way better now than it was just a few years ago.

This is kind of what it was like maybe in the sixties when made in Japan = junk.

However, China, like Japan, is developing rapidly . . . not just economically, but in the sophistication of technology. Quality Control is way better now than it was just a few years ago.

And that being said, I believe half of what I own that makes this possible to reply to this was made in a place called what?

A lot of it depends on who is running the companies and who pays attention to QC.
If that's covered in a good way....then China products can be as good as anything else.

It's only when you get stuff coming out of the "sweat shops" where there's little attention to quality control and where the company isn't really concerned about their image and client base.
I would think Dynaudio would not be one of those...and it looks like their folks will continue to have a hand in the company.

China gets slated for junk, but there are plenty of products out there that are sourced in our own countries that are junk too. You can be cheap and cheerful items from everywhere, you can also find quality items, but strangely, these cost quite a bit more. If you buy dirt cheap from ANYWHERE, the corners have been cut. Quite a few bits of kit from the 'Jap Crap' era are now quite sought after. We also had other far eastern countries that had cheap and cheerful reputations. The Indian sub-continent have been making pretty poor products for quite a while - the slagging off the video products get is the same style as our comments on audio gear from China. If it costs a tenth the price, then it's probably very poor quality. However, once it gets to modest prices the quality control goes up and the product can be very good. We even have Chinese 4x4 cars here, and people seem to like them!

It all depends on QC, but that's true of any product anywhere. It sure as hell isn't the Chinese people's fault. As long as the corporate mentality that controls commerce continues unabated and unregulated, corporations will continue to have their products manufactured by the cheapest work-force they can find.

I have my Danish Dyn's so I don't care either.

However as a 38 year electronics industry veteran that has been a part of the transition from USA or European design and manufacturing to Chinese, the products are NEVER the same. At best, they are reasonably close. It all depends on how much design and engineering process gets handed to China.

It certainly seems that way, but I will say this: it might sound funny but it's true, Japan has honor and quality control engraved in its culture. While China is certainly rapidly developing in many ways, it's just not nearly as good or concerned with quality control as the Japanese. And since Dynaudio's particularly well-known for high quality gear, people are starting to worry.

Hopefully they still maintain or even increase the quality of their gear, but one thing's for sure, the higher ups are gonna be happy about the money saved screwing over locals by choosing cheaper chinese labor

I have my Danish Dyn's so I don't care either.

However as a 38 year electronics industry veteran that has been a part of the transition from USA or European design and manufacturing to Chinese, the products are NEVER the same. At best, they are reasonably close. It all depends on how much design and engineering process gets handed to China.

I can relate to that too, I did a fair bit of watching how the beginning of cost cutting is just the start and soon its materials that get cut. Instead of allen hex screws, its now glue and then watered down cheaper glue and plastic instead of metal etc......cost cutting to make a profit.$$$$$ which is Business 101.

But this Production and product development of high end products will continue in the Skanderborg area in Denmark and the company. kind of leans toward they are just going to add a cheaper pile of stuff to their line.

Time will tell if they keep the Denmark place open.
BTW,? I thought Denmark was supposed to be the next robotic Mfg. mega center and pull work away from China labor, moving to robots building everything? 60 minutes or someone had that show about robots will ruin China, but create no jobs.

Back