Do I still need an extra plugins if I've got a good VSTi?

kk123

I mean like NI Komplete, having a great variety of instruments included with some mixing choices like EQ and compression, do I still need to purchase another plugin from Waves or Izotopes for mixing?

Hi,
You'd really need to tell us what you're doing and what you're using but the blanket-statement answer is no. You don't need any plugins/more plugins.

Most, if not all, recording suites come with included plugins. Anything additional would be for particular needs or preference.

Oh, I see.

The first answer still stands, really. You don't need anything but you might prefer to use plugins from a particular company for whatever reason.
Most suites, like I said, come with stock plugins which are capable of all the basic jobs.

When I use VST instruments I do generally find I prefer using additional plugins for eq/comp/reverb but that may simply be instinct/familiarity.

Long story short, you need whatever plugs/tools you need. No one can really tell you what those are.

Personally speaking? I can't imagine not having at least a basic collection of various equalizers, compressors, time-based and modulative effects. *Assuming* your DAW has such things, but I don't know that as fact.

I've found it difficult to use the built-in reverb on Kontakt instruments when I want other instruments to sound like they're in the same space. But EQ, compression, sure - whatever sounds good. I like a smidge of delay on the Session Horns Pro instrument.

Back