Computer speakers I can connect to Saffire 6 USB

rbnalv7

After a bit of research I've decided I'm gonna give mixing on cheap speakers a shot (I've done a bit of research so please don't convince me not to).

However, can somebody reccommend me some computer speakers I can connect into the back of my Saffire 6 USB? I can use either 2 of the 4 RCA's in the back or the two 1/4 jack connections. Note: This is just for reference mixing (obviously using headphones for detail and editing).

Thanks!

ANY computer speakers ar emost likely going to have a 1/8" stereo plug to connect them to the standard speaker out jack on a computer. So you just need a splitter-adapter from 1/4" (or RCA) to 1/8" stereo. Like this one.

But I doubt anyone here is going to recommend a particular computer speaker system for this use - they just are not suitable - the response is not flat and unless you go for a system with a sub woofer, they have no low end response.

Is there a specific reason you insist on computer speakers? Are you looking for 5.1, or just thinking a set of Labtec LCS series for $10 is a good option? It's probably not, but lots of people listen on cheap speakers, so maybe that's the idea for reference.

They're not computer speakers, but THESE are very nice (and inexpensive). You'll need to run to the pawn shop and get a $50 amp to go with 'em, but for under $100 total, I don't think you'll find anything better.

I have Bose Companion 3's hooked up to another computer in the house that I use for reference. I would recommend them, but mine cost around $250...Don't know your budget.

Not sure if you want cheap speakers for reference, good sounding, flat speakers for reference, or bloated bass, enhanced highs of a Bose system for reference, but here's three options.

Ive just done some research and people have used computer speakers as a third or fourth perspective to quickly switch to every now and then for mixing. I've also seen some people go to studios and they have their nearfields, farfields abd then a set of really small cheap £10 speakers, again as a third perspective. Thanks, all i need is the adaptor that is already mentioned...

Ah, the only time I've ever been in "real" studios was in the 80s and computer speakers were barely thought of, let alone in decent recording environs...
Are you looking for 5.1, or just looking for a cheap set of Labtec LCS series? Had a lot of good luck with the Cambridge SoundWorks 5.1 system, but they're no longer available. (at least in the US). Lots of cheap PC speakers are Bluetooth, so hooking them in would not be a problem. Getting a recommendation would be like asking, "What's the best car?" Just pick one and see what happens. What are you gambling? A pair of fivers?

Back