Compressor Opinion for Stereo Compression: Xpressor 500 vs Lindell 77x-500

stevelogik

I have a Lindell 7x-500 which is a mono compressor that works really nice. I was considering the 77x-500 for stereo compression to run a mix buss through. But, I also saw the xPressor 500 which looks really awesome. Does anyone out there have any experience with these two compressors? The TK Audio BC501 looks cool too. In regards to stereo compression does anyone recommend one over the other and why? These are all within the budget I'd like to spend on a stereo compressor.

I can vouch for TK to some extent... I've not seen bang-for-the-buck at that level in ---- maybe never. I don't have extensive time with their buss compressor, but it's your basic SSL 4000 E/G design with a few tweaks, so there shouldn't be too many surprises there. The XPressor is a really flexible unit with some weird stuff going on under the hood.

Disclaimer -- I've not tried the 500 series of any of these.

I own the xpressor 500, get it, incredible sounding compressor, can be very transparent or extreme, it's great having a mix knob as well and being able to do parallel compression, perfect for mixbus and 'gluing' stuff together, it has a nice sounding attack too, very snappy, amazing in particular on drums.

Back