Cables i need for outputting from mixer to computer

Raph_LYC

Hey guys its me again, I recently purchased a behranger qx1002 usb mixer, its great and so far i am using the usb output as my output, but after watching different people's audio set up on the internet that do streaming and youtube videos they use audio cables as output instead of usb, what i want to know is if im just using a normal onboard soundcard from a asus z77 motheboard will i get better audio using cables output from the mixer into the motherbaord input? and what cables do i need?

another reason i want to use audio cables instead of usb, it looks like i can have more audio quality options i can chose from the windows recording advance setting tab than just using usb, please let me know what cables i need if i want to out put from the qx1002usb into the motherboard, i also go this cable (Hosa CMP-159 3.5mm TRS to Dual 1/4" TS (10ft) Stereo Breakout) but when i plug this from the mixer output into line in or mic in on my computer i get really bad static noise it doesnt do that when i use usb.

thanks!

There is probably not much difference in quality between the behringer and the onboard soundcard, but the balance would tip in the behringer's favor. Use the USB connection, it is much more convenient and you are not really getting any better results from your soundcard despite what "quality" options you think you have.

The static is probably because you are plugging into the Mic input instead of the line input. Don't do that.

When iam using the usb as out put, in the recording tab on win 7, the highest sample rate mode i can run is 2 channel, 16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD quality) but if i use line in i can get up to 96000 ( studio quality ) or something else, i thought that will be better?

When iam using the usb as out put, in the recording tab on win 7, the highest sample rate mode i can run is 2 channel, 16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD quality) but if i use line in i can get up to 96000 ( studio quality ) or something else, i thought that will be better?

16-bit, 44.1 KHz is plenty for your purposes. If you're recording dog whistles or something, then MAYBE 48 KHz and above would have some benefit.

16-bit, 44.1 KHz is plenty for your purposes. If you're recording dog whistles or something, then MAYBE 48 KHz and above would have some benefit.

dog whistles haha, so is there any way i can improve my audio apart from upgrading the mic? i actually ordered an at 2035 im using a at2020 know its good but its seems too flat and bored

Some soundcards will say they support higher sample rates when they actually don't. They record at 48k and then do an up-sample, but it's an empty conversion because it only sampled at the lower rate to begin with. Not saying your soundcard is doing that, but it's possible.

Behringer is notorious for selling low-end crap, but I believe they are still better than any soundcard in your computer. Use the behringer and don't put any more thought into it. Get back to creating music. :)

dog whistles haha, so is there any way i can improve my audio apart from upgrading the mic? i actually ordered an at 2035 im using a at2020 know its good but its seems too flat and bored

There are tons o' things you can do to improve your audio. Buying new gear is at the bottom of the list. Though upgrading a mic is near the top of the list. The two biggest factors are your monitoring environment (speakers and room) and your knowledge/experience.

Some soundcards will say they support higher sample rates when they actually don't. They record at 48k and then do an up-sample, but it's an empty conversion because it only sampled at the lower rate to begin with. Not saying your soundcard is doing that, but it's possible.

Behringer is notorious for selling low-end crap, but I believe they are still better than any soundcard in your computer. Use the behringer and don't put any more thought into it. Get back to creating music. :)

what mixer would you recommend for recording voice over? like doing stream and youtube videos ?thanks btw

what mixer would you recommend for recording voice over? like doing stream and youtube videos ?thanks btw

Ohh, you're podcasting??? You're fine with what you got. Maybe consider a dynamic mic instead of a condenser so you don't pick up so much of the room. podcasting is completely different than recording music. Don't over think it.

Ohh, you're podcasting??? You're fine with what you got. Maybe consider a dynamic mic instead of a condenser so you don't pick up so much of the room. podcasting is completely different than recording music. Don't over think it.

alright thanks ! really appreciate your help! helps me a lot... so i dont need to waste extra money haha

Back