Bose Acoustimass

band

Just want to hear input on using these speakers to mix stuff..Is anyone using that as an option..??

Well... they aren't designed for studio monitoring, so they won't be honest with you about the sound... BUT if you learn how to compensate properly you can mix on anything...

Real monitors are highly recommended, however...

Bruce

Bose Acoustimas

Band,

I often check my mixes on Bose Acoustimas, but I honestly don't think I would use them to mix on...a little too "coloured" for that purpose. You could get used to them, but I don't think the detail would be correct for checking reverb tails, etc., something a good studio monitor is designed for.
Anything will work in a pinch of course, just wouldn't prefer to do it this way. I'll stick with my JBL's (LSR28p's) for mixing, now they "rock"!

Best of luck,

BW

Well, thanks very much for the replies...Motivation needed to go buy a set of studio monitors....

Thanks very much guys!

Just my opinion

There is an old saying amongst the audiophile community that goes:

No highs, no lows, it's gotta be Bose.

Peace
Joe

That's odd..

Bose haters always tell me either "All highs, all lows must be Bose" or "No Highs, no lows must be Bose".. funny, if they really knew what they are talking about, they would be at least consistent.

Please, JC, don't take that as a shot at you, just my experience (as an employee of Bose) I mention the same phenomina as i just told you and they usually mumble something under their breath as they reach for their credit card.... :-) Bose goes for a much different sound than other companies. More spacious, less direct and in you face. Most manufacturers accentuate certain frequencies that are easily liked, but in the long run they just cause listener's fatigue. It's not till you get to speakers costing 2-10 times as much that you get that same natural sound.

Bose speakers are good reference speakers since so many people have them in their homes, I use both the Lifestyle 12 (which uses the Acoustimass Cubes and a powered Acoustimass Module in a 5.1 setup) and the 301 IV Bookshelf speakers, but I would never mix on them. It's like trying to use a sports car to haul your boat when you should be using an SUV. Two different purposes.

Back