Best all-in-one vocal processing VST plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. How'd that happen??? It seems I'm the one that resurrected the thread, but it was right at the top of the page when I responded to it. I certainly didn't go looking for old threads.

Weird.

Nah, this thread was resurrected because of a spammer. I deleted the spam.

One thing I forgot, is when I delete a thread, I actually still see the header, so it didn't look weird to me. Otherwise, I would have added a note to explain. Sorry for the confusion.

For the record: Rami is not resurrecting old threads!!! ;)

Last edited:
Nah, this thread was resurrected because of a spammer. I deleted the spam.

One thing I forgot, is when I delete a thread, I actually still see the header, so it didn't look weird to me. Otherwise, I would have added a note to explain. Sorry for the confusion.

For the record: Rami is not resurrecting old threads!!! ;)

Thanx bruthah.:cool::cool:

My only point here is that these type of "it depends" answers help NO ONE! They are not insightful in the least so, why bother with them?

Because eventually the guy asking the question, if he's willing to spend the time thinking about it, will stop, wonder "WHY does it depend," think about it a bit more, and then finally, hopefully, god willing, come to the inevitable conclusion - that there are just too many variables with the vocal performance, the room and position within the room the vocal was recorded, the mic choice, how it handles transients, how close the vocalist was to the mic, the timbre of the vocalist's voice, the key he or she was singing in, the sex of the vocalist, how hard they sing, how hot the engineer tracked, any processing done during tracking, what other instruments are in the mix, whether a wide, spacious 'verb or something up-front and present is appropriate for the song, and just what you're in the mood for that particular day.

In short, there's always that outside chance that just maybe the guy will realize that why a choice is appropriate matters much more than what that choice is, and eventually will start thinking through this stuff on his or her own, which is a much more valuable lesson than what the best all-in-one plugin is.

wow

Wow! That's awesome!! Someone actually came up with a REAL, intelligent answer to this type of request. I opened this thread expecting to see more of the same smart ass (because-we-really-have-no-idea) type of responses I see too often on this forum. I'm sure those will come too but yours is solid advise that is direct and to the point. THANK YOU for that :) To everyone else that doesn't know how to answer, please save your typing fingers and save us your boring and trite "it depends" types of oh-so-obvious statements. Of course it depends!! Throw the guy a bone anyway and give him a starting place. Otherwise, what's the point of this forum? Be opinionated and tell us what you like! I'm relieved (and impressed) to see you doing just that :D

I registered after discovering this post in a google search just to say thank you for this. Your original post expressed my feelings exactly.

When I am searching for something (in ANY topic, I am usually trying to conduct research to find a starting point), the last thing I want to read is some idiot with a condescending remark that contributes absolutely nothing towards helping me continue my search.

I wouldn't even bother replying to this moldy, almost 2 yr old thread, .

Would it kill to be cheerful ? Google doesnt care how old this thread is. Only takes a few seconds to rehash.

especially since the principles aren't even participants on this board any more, but I figured since my name was brought back into it I'd take the opportunity just to refresh this idea:

Someone tried to show you the virtue of being friendly. Seemingly lost in your falling over yourself to be smarmy. Why ?

Most (not all) folks on this board don't necessarily want a truthful answer, they want an easy answer. The fact that only rarely in this racket is the truth that simple is not a fact they care to deal with.

Too bad for them.

Who made you judge jury and executioner ? Lol at your self imposed authority and even its necessity. Obviously people are at different stages of learning, with diffrerent agendas etc. Not everyone is looking to be Chris Lord Alge. The OP did qualify their question. Turns out there are plugin composites out there. The waves primers fit the bill for example. Also not too hard to tell the OP to chain the standard vox FX together and save it as a preset. You know : Pre amp sim with Eq, compressor, chorusing, reverb ( short/plate/hall) delay ( synced or slap back) - experiment with an enhancer, etc

Some questions are based upon false assumptions. if the assumptions are off-target, the question will be off-target as well. That doesn't mean that the respondent should give an off-target answer.

If one is afraid of a truthful answer, they probably shouldn't be asking the question.

G.

Yeah, its a false assumption thinking the most intelligent approach is to be unproductive and unfriendly.

Have a nice day.

You are either going to ignore this because you know its the truth :) or you are going to come and try and dismiss it on no logical grounds whatsover.

Would it kill to be cheerful ? Google doesnt care how old this thread is. Only takes a few seconds to rehash.

Someone tried to show you the virtue of being friendly. Seemingly lost in your falling over yourself to be smarmy. Why ?

Who made you judge jury and executioner ? Lol at your self imposed authority and even its necessity. Obviously people are at different stages of learning, with diffrerent agendas etc. Not everyone is looking to be Chris Lord Alge. The OP did qualify their question. Turns out there are plugin composites out there. The waves primers fit the bill for example. Also not too hard to tell the OP to chain the standard vox FX together and save it as a preset. You know : Pre amp sim with Eq, compressor, chorusing, reverb ( short/plate/hall) delay ( synced or slap back) - experiment with an enhancer, etc

Yeah, its a false assumption thinking the most intelligent approach is to be unproductive and unfriendly.

Have a nice day.

You are either going to ignore this because you know its the truth :) or you are going to come and try and dismiss it on no logical grounds whatsover.
First of all, who the fuck are you?

Second of all, you're accusing HIM of being negative??? Go back and read your own post, if the chip on your shoulder isn't blocking the computer screen.

Third of all, who the fuck are you again?

To the people saying "It depends". Honestly, get real.

There are standard tricks used by the pros in their vox FX chain.

Obviously preceding this you want a vocal track recorded to the best of ones ability. Thats the first rule of home recording. Get a clean, dry vox recording using good mic positioning and technique.

Do you think the OP recorded on the freeway with a dictaphone ? Lol.

There arent that many variable that the OP couldnt have been offered a solution. Bravo to those that stepped up. Shame about the forum Big Guns who had to try and shoot at the newcomers feet.

First of all, who the fuck are you?

Second of all, you're accusing HIM of being negative??? Go back and read your own post, if the chip on your shoulder isn't blocking the computer screen.

Third of all, who the fuck are you again?

Hey Rami, how are you ? I am a person from the internet, I found this thread using Google. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Exactly how am I being negative ?

Am I incorrect ? By Glens own admission he was condescending.

Do you own this place ?

Who made you judge jury and executioner ? Lol at your self imposed authority and even its necessity.

Have a nice day.

CFox, meet SouthsideGlen. :laughings:

No, I don't have to own it to see that you're an angry asshole. Just giving my opinion like you're giving yours. You got a problem with that?

Where is my anger ? I am as cool as a cucumber. :) Just had a listen to one of your tracks, got some Stones appeal.

+1 for what glen said, even if he will kill you with "kindness", he's right. however, you can try the Waves CLA vocal. You'll pay for it, (like all of the waves stuff) and it comes in a bundle, however, its the shit.

+1 for what glen said, even if he will kill you with "kindness", he's right. however, you can try the Waves CLA vocal. You'll pay for it, (like all of the waves stuff) and it comes in a bundle, however, its the shit.

No, he's not right. I just gave you the FX chain. We had to hope the OP got at least a half decent recorded track or they are in the wrong ball park entirely.

I think we have an alias.

No, I am brand spanking new. Like I said - Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back