Backround vocal effect? Need to know how to do. Please help

I'm not sure those are vocals at all. To me they sound like the "ooh" and "aah" patches on a synth. Don't know what effect they are using on them.

Idk it sounds like some duplicate to me , with added reverb, high pitch ? I don't know. But hopefully somebody knows what it is

Funny, reminds me of a time when I recorded a female vocalist / songwriter, she did some guide vocals to some bad guitar and we replaced it all with good playing and bass / drums etc, with the idea that she can back and did the final vocals to our new tracks. I had put some synth oohs and ahhhs in and she hit the roof when she heard it saying see did not what any other female singers on the album??? She would not take it that it was a keyboard. Off Course the keyboard was singing in key, not like the vocals she was doing LOL.

Alan.

Wait... did he want to do the "chorus" oohs or the duplicate BGvox?
'cause the former is definitely a keyboard/synth patch.

The latter is a second vocalist doing a take in a different vocal register (make sure the timing is exact)

I just want to use on what ever vocal may need it to sound more aggressive or just better idk I like it. But sorry I'm new at this, is there a plugin In for
This? Or where do I have to in my DAW to do this?

Are you talking about the double tracked part at 1:03 where it's just him tracking the same section again in a higher pitch and then turned down? That's really all there is to that.

He's talking about the synth pad background vocal.

It's an "instrument" -- not a vocal.

OP said:
that Backround duplicate vocal

You're sure, Massive?

To answer his last question, there isn't really a magic "make my vocals better" plugin. Especially if you're going for "aggressive". That's going to be as more about your vocal technique than anything else.

You're sure, Massive?

To answer his last question, there isn't really a magic "make my vocals better" plugin. Especially if you're going for "aggressive". That's going to be as more about your vocal technique than anything else.

Yea I know . But I don't have a keyboard. Can I achieve those synth patches with out one? Or do u guys think I should get a keyboard ?

I don't hear the synth patch thing. Sounds to me like just regular old backing vocals, with some pretty extreme EQ on the higher frequencies. Probably autotuned or pitch corrected within an inch of its life, and pretty heavily compressed. Could be a little vocoder kind of thing blending it with a synth line I guess, but I don't really hear it. Maybe its a Bitcrusher kind of thing, it does sound a little low-resolution, maybe that's what's giving it that high frequency grit.

I don't hear the synth patch thing. Sounds to me like just regular old backing vocals, with some pretty extreme EQ on the higher frequencies. Probably autotuned or pitch corrected within an inch of its life, and pretty heavily compressed. Could be a little vocoder kind of thing blending it with a synth line I guess, but I don't really hear it. Maybe its a Bitcrusher kind of thing, it does sound a little low-resolution, maybe that's what's giving it that high frequency grit.

Thank you man for the input. I
Will try this as soon as I can and
Let you know if I get the same effect, but it seems like it would be done like the way you said.

Back