Audio & Mix Engineers Wanted for Uni Project

JoeTAudio

Hi All,

I'm currently looking for audio and mix engineers who are interested in evaluating some music mixes for my uni research project. Basically, participants will be asked to listen to multiple mixes and evaluate them by ranking and commenting. You are open to describe and rank the mixes according to your preference.

The evaluation interface will be accessible online and the process should take less than 30 minutes.

You will find detailed brief by following the link below:
Evaluation Participants Briefing - Google Docs

Also, as an incentive 1 participant will be randomly selected to win 200 pounds in prize money (GBP). I'm not affiliated with companies and funds are from my own pocket :)

For registration email: mail@josef.audio

Staffordshire University
Researcher: Josef Tot
Supervisor: Dr. Dave Payling
Email: d.payling@staffs.ac.uk
Phone: +44 (01785) 353281

Thank you!

Being old, boring and retired I'm probably happy to help (and don't worry about the money--take your mates out for a pub night).

However, a couple of things: First off, what musical style will it be? I'm comfortable with lots of things but have to admit that modern dance/house/hiphop etc. is not something I could really judge.

Second, I'm going to be in hospital for a knee replacement operation from Nov. 21-25. I'm good before that (and will be bored to tears after so looking for something to do).

Hi Bobbsy,

Sorry to hear that, hope your knee will be alright!

Regards the genre I would classify it as urban music, however, don't be alarmed, because I am looking for peoples preference in mixes only. So you will be presented with multiple mixes of the exact same song and only have to rank and describe the "mix aesthetics". So you don't have to judge the actual song idea itself. More in the lines of: "ok mix A had more "punch" than mix B" or "mix A was way too compressed" or "Vocals in mix E were too quiet" etc. So it's really only about mix engineering in that sense.

Hope this gave you a better idea, let me know of any questions.

Thank you,

Joe

Back