Anyone want some mixing practice?

famous beagle

Hey y'all,

So I have this song that I didn't get to finish before I had sell my Yamaha AW16G recorder. It's all tracked, but I didn't get to mix it. At this point, I don't have a way to do it; I just have 16 WAV files. The reason I sold my AW16G is because I bought a reel to reel and am going back to analog recording, so I won't likely be able to finish this tune anytime soon.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to take a stab at mixing it, just for fun/practice. It's a ballad ... kind of in a Counting Crows, Petty, Wilco kind of vein.

Let me know if you're interested, and thanks for reading! :)

Whoah --- a lot of responses all at once!

Ok, you'll have to forgive my ignorance here, but, other than soundclick and things like that (which was small mp3 files), I've never uploaded files to be downloaded.

I have 16 wav files, and they're each probably around 55MB. Could someone give me basic instructions on how to do it? I'm not an idiot or anything; I've just never had to do it. So if there's a site that's very self-explanatory, you could probably just give me that and I can figure it out.

Thanks!

Sendspace.com maybe? You'd have to put all the files in a folder and probably compress it to a .zip file. That might work.

yeah, post a link, I'm game, if you need a place to host it I have tons of ad-free fast webspace available..

Is there a deadline? is it a competition?...whats the details?...im a complete noob but i would like to do this for fun...pm me with details please?

Ok y'all,

Thanks for all the responses. I think I should have the files available for download tomorrow evening. I just don't have the time tonight. Once they're up, I'll let everyone know where to find them via PM.

Thanks!

Is there a deadline? is it a competition?...whats the details?...im a complete noob but i would like to do this for fun...pm me with details please?

No deadline or competition. I just: A) didn't get to it before I had to sell my recorder, and B) am really interested to hear other people's take on my song. :)

Back