Alright, last chance to stop me...

Congrats! I have those monitors (or the M version) and i've been happy with the way things translate. I would recommend checking mixes at different volumes, that is a pretty large speaker for a smallish room and can sound different at different volumes. Vocals seem to get louder in the mix comparatively as i turn them up from my normal mixing volume for example. If you notice translation issues that's when i would try the switches in the back. I also have the yamaha sub which i got a great deal on, but i don't think it has helped that much-those monitors produce plenty of bass imo.

@andrushkiwt

Over in the MP3 Mix thread, you and Johnny both picked out a dissonance in the beginning of the OP's song. Can you say this
was made possible by your new monitor speakers? Could you have picked this out with your phones.. or no?

Here's the song thread :
Original Song Just changed Vibe

And Johnny's post :

And your post :

Weird, I didn't get the notification about this tag. [MENTION=43272]Steenamaroo[/MENTION]

No, it's just the note in the lead against the chord underneath. They don't like each other. It's not an EQ issue or anything, just the mismatch of note vs chord.

Back