Allen and Heath

bunglebungle

Guys, I've had an Allen and Heath system 8 16input 8 buss desk for a while now hooked up to my ADAT and i'm hooked to the sound of it and the routing versitility.

I wanted to know other people's opinions of this desk and why us brits made such warm sounding EQ compared to overseas desks?

bunglebungle said:
Guys, I've had an Allen and Heath system 8 16input 8 buss desk for a while now hooked up to my ADAT and i'm hooked to the sound of it and the routing versitility.

I wanted to know other people's opinions of this desk and why us brits made such warm sounding EQ compared to overseas desks?

I used to love those back in the mid 80's, not only brit mixers had a different sound but also brit monitors.

Other than cultural differences in taste and the resulting different paradigms their engineers use to design audio technology I couldn't really answer that question. In my opinion British mixers sound amazing.

I love my A&H!

bunglebungle said:

SSL, Neve, Trident, hmmm you've got a good point.

I still prefer US hamburgers though :)

Back