Adobe Audition

moelar2

hi all,

has anyone used adobe audition? I've never heard of this program, nor do I know of anyone who has used it. My singer, who is less than recording proficient, swears by it.

I logged on to Adobe and read briefly on it, but i don't the reading was objective.

Thanks.

It use to be cool edit or CEP...Adobe purchased it and renamed it to Audition.
I love it. I have been using it for 4 or 5 years.
Go to the Cool Edit Pro Forum on this BBS

I swear by Adobe Audition, as well. I love the new version, 2.0. Lots of great features and mastering suites. Great, powerful program.

I use it a lot to dub in or transcribe tapes in their entirety. Then using the "cue" I cut up the tracks like a slab of baloney and save individual cuts to remaster.

Audition used to be Cool Edit before Adobe got a hold of it. Lot's of radio stations use it - we edit commercials and do voice overs with it in that scenario, record live stuff, record weather etc.

It feels a little clunky for me as a multitracker so I usually work in Sonar5 but everything feels clunky compared to a real knob if you catch my drift...

What do you need Audition for?

Thanks for the replys. I don't really *need* audition. I have a pretty nice cubase sx setup w/2 laylas. For stereo wav edition, I usually use Soundforge since i mainly clean up the beginning and ends. If I need serious mastering, I take it to the pros. other than that, soundforge is cool. But, I've always preferred cool edit 100 times to soundforge. It just happens that I don't have cool edit on my recording computer anymore.

cool info.

I started using it when it was called Cooledit Pro, Adobe bought it and did a little work on it, haven't upgraded to Version 2 yet, don't know if it is really worthwhile or not. I think it is a good program, never had an issue with it and I have tried lots of programs over the years that have drove me nuts.

same here. Been using I upgraded to better software but always go back to it because of simplicity.
Been a happy user for 4 years.
Theres alot of options other programs are limited.

Moelar - If you liked CEP so much more than Soundforge, consider Audition. I, like many others, upgraded to Audition from CEP. It's a very simple yet powerful program. It's especially good for editing audio (psuedo-mastering kind of things). I mainly use Audition 1.5 as a vessel for tracking, however, I use the real time effects block and the audio editor in every project.

I bought Adobe Audition 1.5 awhile ago, and have been using it since. I tried 2.0 but didn't really like it that much, and it seemed to demand a lot more from my computer, but my computer's not that great.

So I just stick to 1.5. I just wish it had better support for VST plugins, not all of them work with it. :(

Back