Adam A8X vs Adam A7X vs KRK VXT8 - With Audio Test

Michael Adel

Hey guys. I hope my first post here would be hopefully useful to others. Since I was searching day and night for actual sound comparison videos of these 3 speakers, -and not finding one-, I ended up buying all of them and trying them out in my room. So, Here's a test I did to hopefully help anyone who might be considering these monitors. The methodology and equipment are described in the video. Which one do you think translates better? Cheers!

Here's the Video.

Adam A8X vs A7X vs KRK VXT-8 Studio Monitor Comparison Test - With Music - YouTube

Nice try but I don't think this test is kosher.

Firstly, they're all decent speakers.

Secondly, your room is untreated and who knows what it's response is.

Thirdly, placing a mike in front of the speaker tells us nothing. Maybe if you used a super flat measurement microphone but still, very little is gained. Granted, the handicap is equal for each set of speakers but a microphone is hardly any substitute for ears.

I appreciate your goal here but I don't think I would purchase speakers based on this test.

Cheers :)

Nice try but I don't think this test is kosher.

Firstly, they're all decent speakers.

Secondly, your room is untreated and who knows what it's response is.

Thirdly, placing a mike in front of the speaker tells us nothing. Maybe if you used a super flat measurement microphone but still, very little is gained. Granted, the handicap is equal for each set of speakers but a microphone is hardly any substitute for ears.

I appreciate your goal here but I don't think I would purchase speakers based on this test.

Cheers :)

Thanks for the reply but if you are like me, were searching the whole internet to find a sound test of those -done on even a cell phone mic- (which I couldn't find anywhere), You'd appreciate this test more. as of the mic response, No matter how the mic's response is, it still applies to all the speakers, so it's a constant here (ie. if the mic boosts 5K, it will apply to all the speakers). I didn't want to use a super flat mic here because the U87 has an excellent transient response and that's very important in this monitor test. lastly, my mixing room is treated, but I didn't have a place to put all the speakers in a row like that, so i used a different room and again, this applies to all the speakers , so, the goal of this test is to get an idea about how those speaker sound if they are all in the same conditions in the same room, because I couldn't find one and I had to buy them all to hear them side by side. Thanks again for the input!

So which speakers did you end up keeping since you were there in the room?

I'm leaning towards the VXT8s. The Mid-range clarity on these is superior to any other 8" speaker I've listened to (at least in the price range). but I still have sometime to decide.

Back