AD/DA Converter (It's a MUST to deal a better quality?)

mactreouser

Hi,
AD/DA Converter is a MUST to deal a better quality?
My setup is super simple Mic - Audio Interface - DAW, and I'm happy with the Mastered result.
In fact, it's time to Enhance a little more after listened to a ton of great recording quality and mix recently.
But how to spend small money to improve the quality ?

this is the best way? Behringer ADA8200

Hi,
My setup is super simple Mic - Audio Interface - DAW, and I'm happy with the Mastered result.
In fact, it's time to Enhance a little more after listened to a ton of great recording quality and mix recently.

I'm not sure what your question is...

What is your interface? The only way to use a ADA8200 is to have an interface that allows ADAT connection, or if you have a mixer that is connected to an interface that does the conversion.

Small money doesn't make anything better in regards to conversion. I'll leave it at while asking what you are using now?

I'm not sure of your question either, but A-D conversion is not the first thing to improve the quality of your mixes. Mics, the room you record in, the room you mix in, your monitors, etc... all come before the converter will make a difference.

Hi,
Yes. Absolutely, but the urgency of the upgrade is questionable.
Your setup also consists of monitors and room acoustics. It never stops with the DAW. Your happy with your mastered result now? Then you'll be ecstatic when you upgrade your converter chain and your room treatment.

It depends on what you're after. No pro studio will ever and I mean EVER be running their monitors through a Behringer ADA8200. Home studio...hard to say without knowing more about the setup. I defer to the same question jimmy69 asked...what are you using now?

Hi All, Appreciate your patience and quality answers!

for my setup as simple as : Mics (neumann, GT, Shure, EV...) -> Behringer MIC2200 (sometimes) -> Presonus Firepod (sometimes Zoom R24) -> Mac (MBP or MP) DAW LP -> KRK

** Room Treatment, Monitor Placement and Mixing Sweet Spot were done!

Hi All, Appreciate your patience and quality answers!

for my setup as simple as : Mics (neumann, GT, Shure, EV...) -> Behringer MIC2200 (sometimes) -> Presonus Firepod (sometimes Zoom R24) -> Mac (MBP or MP) DAW LP -> KRK

** Room Treatment, Monitor Placement and Mixing Sweet Spot were done!

If you upgrade that interface you're making a move for compatibility, not for sound. The newer focus rite and apogee stuff is probably a little better, given that there have been some improvements in converter technology since that Presonus was released. But the noticeable sound quality difference will be relatively minimal.

Back