Mix these please

Fakas,
I think that was a nice mix if anything the bass maybe a little loud at the start. But my bass played didn't seem to mind LOL.

Fakas,
I think that was a nice mix if anything the bass maybe a little loud at the start. But my bass played didn't seem to mind LOL.

Hi,
thanks for your feedback.
I'm going to put the bass a litlle lower in the start.
I'd suggest maybe a tambourine at least from the second chorus on.

Salvation: https://www.mediafire.com/?bzl4e1ld9uj6cbp

I wouldn't really advise you to use this mix since I don't necessarily know what I'm doing, but I would appreciate some critique from any and all of you guys.

Hopefully once my skills are fine tuned I can become a more helpful member of the community in this section.

Other Mix

Nice song!! hould have a track for each sound has since become better results.

Last edited:
Shiny Dog
Nice mix as well maybe a little more reverb on the vocals for my taste. Also during I think the 3rd chorus the snare seems a bit out of place or bright/crisp not sure how you would describe it.

Salvation has a nice mix still a little more reverb for my taste on the vocals but it did smooth out some of my struggles on this scratch track. like the mix on the drums on this one.

Thanks guys for taking the time to put a mix on these![/QUOTE]

I have had another listen and I agree with you, new mix on its way soon.
SD

Shiny Dog,
I think those are better tell me what effects you use on the drums I really like that sound and would like to try to duplicate myself.
Thanks

Shiny Dog,
I think those are better tell me what effects you use on the drums I really like that sound and would like to try to duplicate myself.
Thanks
Hi
I just used a convolution reverb, in this case the one that came with Cubase (ReVerence) with a Wooden church IR. I added a little compression, 4-1 with a few Db Gain reduction. then fed that to the drum buss. it was that simple. I think the trick is finding the right reverb setting or IR.
Hope that helps, fell free to ask.
My advice to everyone is if you only ever buy one Plug-in get a good reverb.

Hey Guys,
Sorry for the late reply. bartekkck and fakas They both sound fine to my un trained ear. I think the recording I am doing will be good enough to work with. May experiment with the mike placement on the drums. hanks everyone for all the mixes and feedback

Back