Mix these please

BigPlay

Mix these please added Link

Below are two songs could someone put a mix on them? I am mostly checking to see if I have decent dry recordings and if my levels seem ok before proceeding. I would like to make sure if i send these to a professional to mix for me that I am sending them something they can work with.
They are just scratch vocals so I will redo those but the rest I am hoping we can use.
Thanks

Lets see if this works

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6je1jyi3sw9sl2t/oWPu4VKsGR

Last edited:
Can you please post a rough mix of the tune here, so that members can know if it is something they would like to mess with, without downloading all of the tracks? Not all members here are interested in ?? genre.

:)

I added the very rough mix of both songs to the link above. I don't remember how to add the mix directly to the post.
Thanks
Ray

Giving your song Second Chance a shot! Could you tell me what BPM it was recorded in and that would be great help. :)

Sounds like midi-drums, so getting the BPM yourself shouldn't be that much of problem. Just guestimate it first, or tap it in, line up the kick hits with the beats, and adjust the tempo till they fit.

New Mix

Here is a mix for The Second Chance. Nicely done ! I made some edits throughout the song. I also re recorded the drums the wave files on them were too difficult to mix. Too much bleed through the mics. Also on the lead vocal track there are a few real noticeable glitches. Do you have a clean wave file with out them? Let me know what you think. :) Also on the harmony track it would be great if you could do some harmonies instead of singing the same notes in the lead.
Craig

Revised Mix 12-3-2013

View attachment The Second Chance #2.mp3

Last edited:
Craig,
Nice mix I thought you did a great job. I was pretty congested when I record the vocals but I wanted to get an idea if I am on the right track recording. You spoke about bleed through on the drums that was my first attempt. Yours sounded nice. Can you tell me a little about how you mic your kit and a few pointers.
Thanks
Ray

Nice Job

Craig,
Nice mix I thought you did a great job. I was pretty congested when I record the vocals but I wanted to get an idea if I am on the right track recording. You spoke about bleed through on the drums that was my first attempt. Yours sounded nice. Can you tell me a little about how you mic your kit and a few pointers.
Thanks
Ray

Thanks Ray
I use midi EZ Drummer drums. Haven't done a live set in a long time. I used EZ Drummer on your song as well.
I am sure someone else will chime in on the best way to mic your kit. Also may want to Google it and see what you can find. I think everything except the drums was recorded well. If you redo the vocals let me know and I can remix with the new version.
Craig

GT,
Just seen your revised mix. Sounds good was that version with a little less reverb?
Steffee,
I like yours as well. I like the different version the way you dropped out some of the tracks during the solo. i would not have thought of that. So I am learning some things to try.

Anyone want to give the song Savation a shot?

Thanks again!
Ray

GT
Thanks I am out of town right now and can not hear it to well on my ipad. I will check it out better this weekend.

Here is my mix hope you like it but feel free to comment, ask for changers or just critique.

Attachments

• Second Chance SDA.mp3
    8 MB · Views: 10
  • Salvation SDA.mp3
    8.3 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
GT
Another nice mix I did not go back and compare it to the others yet but I don't hear anything that jumps out that i would change.

Shiny Dog
Nice mix as well maybe a little more reverb on the vocals for my taste. Also during I think the 3rd chorus the snare seems a bit out of place or bright/crisp not sure how you would describe it.

Salvation has a nice mix still a little more reverb for my taste on the vocals but it did smooth out some of my struggles on this scratch track. like the mix on the drums on this one.

Thanks guys for taking the time to put a mix on these!

Back