Mix a rock song with blues theme...?

Yeah I agree. Just to be clear when you say heavy in the bottom do you mean the bass guitar, kick, or both?

There are also issues with the chunk (for lack of a better word) guitars as well. The mix is completely static and would also benefit from automation.

What drum samples/program did you use? The drum source tracks sound a bit cheesy.

Thanks for posting the song. When I get some more time I'll go back and fix the issues.

Hi.

Mostly the bass guitar....but the kick and the bass, kind of work together, dont they..?
I like the chunk,, i feel that they end the corus in a cool way......or..? You have to exuice me, but i dont understand the "completely static"...is it like no dynamic....?
The drums where EZ drummer.....feel free to give it a new drumtrack :-)

-einar-

Hi.

Mostly the bass guitar....but the kick and the bass, kind of work together, dont they..?
I like the chunk,, i feel that they end the corus in a cool way......or..? You have to exuice me, but i dont understand the "completely static"...is it like no dynamic....?
The drums where EZ drummer.....feel free to give it a new drumtrack :-)

-einar-

I added a bass track amp room simulator and don't have the original and new track exactly working. What I mean by the static mix comment is that I just set all the faders and there is no automation going on at all.

I recognize the EZ drummer snare. I have better sounding samples and if I get some time I'll replace the drums while I correct some of the other issues.

Last post of last mix I will ever do with this tune. Great song. It inspired me to spend time working on it.

Here it is:

Hi.

Thanks for the file...your mix is so cool.Especially the drums. Would you be so kind to reveale a little bit on how you process them.....?

-einar-
ps: and mabye a word on mixing the guitar as well..?

:-)

I added a bass track amp room simulator and don't have the original and new track exactly working. What I mean by the static mix comment is that I just set all the faders and there is no automation going on at all.

I recognize the EZ drummer snare. I have better sounding samples and if I get some time I'll replace the drums while I correct some of the other issues.

HI
Exelent....thanks

looking forward to hear it.
-einar-

Hi.

Thanks for the file...your mix is so cool.Especially the drums. Would you be so kind to reveale a little bit on how you process them.....?

-einar-
ps: and mabye a word on mixing the guitar as well..?

:-)

Thanks man. :)

Sure.

Kick and snare have use of Steven Slate Trigger. Kick 100% replaced with Kick5 Z3 (EX sample). Snare 50% enhanced with Pearl Brass Dmp 6.5 (Platinum Deluxe sample).

Kick, snare and toms sent to group. That group has a send to a FX channel with extreme compression (parallel/NY style) about 6dBFS under the drum group.

Overheads run through a PSP NobleQuex eq. Boost at 150, cut at 1.5k, and high shelf at 15k.

Didn't touch the toms.

Pretty much pulled the room mic completely out. Usually do with EZDrummer.

Guitars run through PSP VintageWarmer and slight boost at around 275 and 3k. Low cut at 60.

Bass is grunged up pretty heavy with VintageWarmer. Eq cut at 90 and 200.

Seeking - this is about it...I didn't have time to replace the drums but I did work the bass guitar and the chunk guitars. Bass may still be a little heavy but it sounds pretty good, holds the song together and kicks a bit of ass. I added an Eventide H3000 (doubler to round out the vocals) on the main vocals and also de-essed a bit. I think the mix is getting there (IMO) and would be interested in hearing what you think. I do think the wav sounds better ; if you are interested PM me and I'll send it to you.

If you want any mix details let me know and I can provide.

Attachments

• Everyday_TK4.mp3
    4.9 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Ok, this song has been stuck in my head for 4 friggen days. I keep hearing a vocal harmony in my head, so I just created one with Melodyne. Needed a bit more snare too.

This is what I was hearing...

Attachments

• Everyday with harmony.mp3
    6.7 MB · Views: 37
Seeking - this is about it...I didn't have time to replace the drums but I did work the bass guitar and the chunk guitars. Bass may still be a little heavy but it sounds pretty good, holds the song together and kicks a bit of ass. I added an Eventide H3000 (doubler to round out the vocals) on the main vocals and also de-essed a bit. I think the mix is getting there (IMO) and would be interested in hearing what you think. I do think the wav sounds better ; if you are interested PM me and I'll send it to you.

If you want any mix details let me know and I can provide.

Hi.
Thanks. It sounds a bit squeezed in the mid range...... the voice could also use a bit of pitch corrections.... other that that, it sounds cool....

-einar-

great song
here's my mix

hi.
There are some weird going on in the intro...the left/right is cool, but its not consistent...
the drums are also to dry or not punchy enough. its sounds kind of a bad recorded drum with to much reverb added- Take a listen to jimmys version. The voice also need some pitch corrections, and its a bit to much "in your face"

-einar-

Ok, this song has been stuck in my head for 4 friggen days. I keep hearing a vocal harmony in my head, so I just created one with Melodyne. Needed a bit more snare too.

Hi
So cool.......many many thanks........could i pls get the wave.....?

-einar-

Hi.

I checked the tracks and i now see, that there was something wrong with the (what i call) pick scratch tracks. It was originals; the first scratch, the two tracks where panned far left and right, then pulled to center true the scratch. The second scratch was the opposite. From center to left/right.

That diddent transient to the export file.......do you know why...?

best regards
-einar hoiland-

Now it's a monster ballad. But seriously...which singer does this guy remind me of?

Back