mix this alternative rock song by NOVA from Austin TX

Manor Music

this is from a band named NOVA from Austin TX...I recorded them in the garage...alternative...compared to NIN, TOOL and such...9 tracks...take a crack at it!

Attachments

• MONO-001.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 59
  • MONO-002.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 67
  • MONO-003.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 118
  • MONO-004.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 62
  • MONO-005.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 66
  • MONO-006.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 54
  • MONO-007.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 72
  • MONO-008.mp3
    4.8 MB · Views: 55
  • MONO-000.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 58
Cool stuff, next time name the tracks so we don't all have to figure out what each track is before we even start mixing, thank goodness there were only 9 tracks. Really dig the tune. Here's my try

Funny, the band's name is Nova and Pahtcub is from NoVa!!.

Yeah good song. I hear a lot of the room in the mix, not sure if it's from the recordings or if put in during the mixdown. Either way, it seems to really fit the feel of this song.

we basically recorded live....mic'd the amps, drums all together...we kinda jam "econo" here...

we'll name all the instruments next time....still looking for someone to mix my other recording with all the marching ban horns

thx for the mix...
I just posted a 7 track 1950's "Happy Days" style tune named Hot Rod Henry by another band named Sonny and the Starfires...you could use as little as 4 of the tracks to mix it, as it was recorded "live"...hope you can give it a mix for me...
G.

We record the room...live....mic all the amps, the drums....add vocals and leads in second passes...we jam econo here, in the garage.

another NOVA song

This is a double shot of NOVA...they recorded three songs...this was my favorite...

this was a live room recording with mics on the bass, guitar and a snare, kickdrum and some overheads (wish I had more mics for the toms) plus the two mics on my ZOOM R16

I am going to put these songs on our compilation CD
"Manor Music Presents" GARAGE Rock Austin TX

i
If I use your mix I will list you in the credits...Compilation should be completed by the fall.

Thx
Gary MacGuyver

mms presents 300dpi.jpg

Attachments

• built-in condensor mic R16 right.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
  • built-in condensor mic R16r left.mp3
  • fuzz-bass.mp3
  • guitar.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 20
  • kickdrum.mp3
  • overhead left.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • overhead right.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
  • snare.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • vocals.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 22
I have to ask, why try and mix mp3s? It would be better to use a host site and upload 24bit files. If your asking for someone to mix your song, give them the best format you can.

I have to ask, why try and mix mp3s? It would be better to use a host site and upload 24bit files. If your asking for someone to mix your song, give them the best format you can.

You've heard the tracks right? MP3 is appropriate... Four words, Fifty Seven on kick. Insert pithy comment about how Rupert Neve lives 10 miles away from poster.

the First Try at a rock song.. let me know how i did..

Love this site.. and the Music..

Attachments

• Manor MUsic.mp3
    8.6 MB · Views: 21
and i had to go with mp3 @ 224kbps cuz it would only let me upload 9mbs or less.. im sure yall know that. if you want the wav or 320kbps MP3 let me know.. its really just upsampled from what you attached.. but there are a few extra bits i guess..lol

This is a double shot of NOVA...they recorded three songs...this was my favorite...

this was a live room recording with mics on the bass, guitar and a snare, kickdrum and some overheads (wish I had more mics for the toms) plus the two mics on my ZOOM R16

I am going to put these songs on our compilation CD
"Manor Music Presents" GARAGE Rock Austin TX

i
If I use your mix I will list you in the credits...Compilation should be completed by the fall.

Thx
Gary MacGuyver

Here is a mix-snippet of the second song

Attachments

• NOVA-Song2.mp3
    862.9 KB · Views: 9
we basically recorded live....mic'd the amps, drums all together...we kinda jam "econo" here...

we'll name all the instruments next time....still looking for someone to mix my other recording with all the marching ban horns

hello I am a music producer in Brazil and would like to make mixing and mastering to voluntarily friend what u think

hello I am a music producer in Brazil will make mixing and mastering these two songs that u posted the files amnha I put the two tracks and you dis me what u think

Back