Looking for mixer for my album....willing to pay

LJUK

Hi, I've got about 9/10 songs that I want mixing to a professional/release level. I've got about $250 to spend. Obviously that isn't enough for some of the big online studios I've found on Google but was hoping maybe someone on here would be interested, maybe someone who runs a small not very well known studio or someone working from their home (ie homerecording.com) but can achieve good results due to their experience.

I'm just finishing off recording all the parts so will be ready to go in the next week probably. All parts have been recorded well in good environment. Drums are Midi and have used Addictive Drums so can either send the Midi file or export each piece and overhead/room individually so it would be like mixing a real kit.

I'm 'ok' at mixing and will send a rough mix that I've done of each track so you can get a basic idea of what I'm after.

The type of music is Indie/Rock so someone who's experienced and into that would be good.

I already play in a band which is signed so hoping to be able to negotiate something with the label about releasing this solo project when done or find another one through their contacts. Either way person that does the job will get credited on the album or online use and your studio name/location. Plus will recommend the person in future to friends.

Let me know if anyone's interested. Obviously just looking for genuine people that are confident they can do a good job, have lot of experience and have pro equipment, not a newbie hoping they can wing it :)

Thanks

Ok, man. Post a sample or PM me with the tracks.

Thanks for the reply Jimmy. ok I'll just finish a couple of small things off on the one I'd like to do first and send my mix over to see if it's something you'd be interested in. Hopefully today/tomorrow.

I didn't really think this was the point of this particular forum, but...

I'd give it a shot. Maybe you could post one song here, to use the forum as intended?

Hi.

Firstly I will ask a few questions... just because I am sure your music is very important to you.

How come you are not using an engineer who you particularly like? I have worked alongside one of my favorite producers/mixers to do some of my music and the experience was worth it.
If cost is an issue downsize the work into smaller chunks. Albums are not so big these days so maybe do a few songs at a time?

Just because someone has a load of kit does not mean they are not a newbie. Ive seen great mixes done on a laptop. Its how you use the gear. Plugins can be every bit as powerful as hardware in context of mixing.

Alternatively why not use this forum as intended upload one song to mix (set a date for completion) and offer the job to your favorite mixer.

Yes I have some good kit, but I don't like to make out that its the reason my mixes can sound good - that's my experience that does that.

If its something I feel I could mix I would gladly do it for you.
Do you have a demo to upload? It might make it easier to gauge what sort of music I would be mixing.

If you want to chat further msg me https://www.facebook.com/richard.nolan.9250

Hi, I'm an Italian freelance sound engineer that work with many studios in Rome.
Send me a sample of your track that I can work on it and let your ears decide.
Bye
Pino :)

Last edited:
Hi sorry for not replying sooner, I've been busy so not been on here for a while.

I've managed to find someone to mix my album so I'm no longer looking. I cant delete this tread so if anyone's reading this in the future please take it as closed.

Many thanks to the few people that did samples for me and anyone that contacted me about it.

Back