Desperately need help with mastering an album worth of music!

helpme101

I recorded an album worth of a material a year or two ago. 12-15 songs. I spent the last year trying to master it. I did a horrible job. I truly have no clue what I'm doing. It makes my ears bleed. My normal mastering guy disappeared about a year ago. I need someone with experience that knows what their doing. Especially with hip hop tracks that have difficult bass lines. I am not a rich man, and I don't sell any of my music so my budget is minimal. But..... if you could do an awesome job in a reasonable amount of time I'd be happy to work something out with you. You could use anything you complete in your portfolio, and I will float cash your way. Once again you need to have experience mastering stuff. This is the last album I will ever record, and I want these to sound as polished as possible.

I have uploaded a sample track so you could get a feeling if this is a project you could handle. This is not mastered.

Thanks

Attachments

• STEP TO THE RIGHT.mp3
    5.5 MB · Views: 129
There are a few guys on the forums who do mastering.

One of my bands had massive mastering from here do our CD. He did a great job, and it was reasonably-priced.

If you want free though, you'll probably get a bit of a grab bag. i.e. someone who wants to practice their mastering and can't guarantee a great job.

I don't need a guaranted good job. I just need to find someone who knows what their doing. What did he charge? I see he's charging less than what he used to, but it's still a bit out of my budget.

Last edited:
Hip hop isn't something I listen to or produce, but the basics should be the same. I ran your track through Waves L3 and it came out sounding a tad pumpy. I'd probably make some additional EQ adjustments to reduce the bass pump while retaining the low end's presence. Figured I'd at least upload the results to see if this is along the lines of what you're looking for.

View attachment STEP TO THE RIGHT Boogeypro Master attempt 1.mp3

Mastering for CD or any other multi-song format can't be demonstrated with just one song. A big part of it is making the songs all work together.

Sorry I didn't know people were replying. Thanks for the replies. I will listen to the samples in a bit.
I have 24 bit WAV files for my masters.

Sorry I didn't know people were replying. Thanks for the replies. I will listen to the samples in a bit.
I have 24 bit WAV files for my masters.

So you asked a question in a forum, and waited 3 weeks to even get around to checking if you had responses? Great form dood. Good luck with that...

I'm still looking for someone.

Unfortunately the masters you guys posted appeared to compressed with mass distortion and clipping. I guess that could be partly because I need to turn down the beat a bit.

I'm still looking for someone.

Unfortunately the masters you guys posted appeared to compressed with mass distortion and clipping. I guess that could be partly because I need to turn down the beat a bit.

As the old saying goes, garbage in:garbage out. You posted garbage in the form of an mp3 file, they posted processed and re-encoded mp3 files. Distorted sound was inevitable. How about giving them a wave file to work with?

Also the preferred delivery for a song to be mastered is -6db avg which this song is not, this song already has been compressed and limited so not sure what exactly you're asking for here other than trying to get people to listen to your bubble gum rap track which in itself isn't "modern". Then you basically insult peoples efforts to polish your turd and expect to get even more people to waste their time on your track for free? Yeah not making a very good name for yourself A. going to a "home recording" website to get your song "professionally" mastered and B. Shitting on people's efforts. Might want to delete and start over buddy.

Back