Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone be interested in re-mixing my album?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    If the OP can provide me with the dry stems of one song I'll have a go. PM me a link to dropbox or whatever storage you're using.

Thanks
    Nimpo46, I would be interested for sure, Correct me if I'm wrong but Stems are groups of like tracks ie.... all the drums , all the rhythm guitars ect in other words the out put of the busses or groups . And tracks would be just that : the individual instruments . From a mastering stand point working with stems is fine and in some cases preferable ,but as for mixing wouldn't that have its limitations ? At any rate I would love to have a shot at mixing your stuff , really like it ,and have time on my hands at the moment . PM me and we can set something up if offer is still on the table. I have found that wetransfer.com is a good way to transfer files for free. look forward to hearing from you

Thanks
    ok, just got some learn'n about stems, and have a better handle on them and how you create them and subsequently mix with them . And stems would be fine .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RFR View Post
    Drive by youtube promotion under the guise of 'remix my album' me thinks.
    Me thinks you are 100% correct. He has 3 videos on his YT channel. One posted 2 years ago, 48 views, 0 comments. One video posted 1 year ago, 102 views and 0 comments. This video posted on this thread, 2 years ago 726 views with 1 comment.

Is anyone honestly that busy when you have so many volunteering to help you out for free, when you asked for help in the first place? That was his question was it not? Something to the effect of "I am not going to make the effort if no one is going to reply". Oh well, his video got one more view chalked up by me listening to it, I am number 726. However, I have been known to be wrong before. I think it was back in the late 60's.

Thanks
    Ill do it
    Midas MR18, AKG D112(BD), M201 (Snr), e604 x2(Toms), Rode M5 x2 (Ovrhd), e609 (gtr), Studio One/Ableton/Renoize

Thanks
    I would be happy to remix one of your tracks. Better that way as you can get an idea of how I work etc before any commitments are made on either side regarding further remixes. We need to get an idea of the definition of remix though. In my definition remixing is not about reproducing the track with all the instruments being played the same as the original recording, it's about adding and minusing instrumentation and adding the remixers own style, or slant on the track. That doesn't mean making it the remixers own piece of work in any way, just being allowed to alter the original track & add his (or her's) interpretation of the track. If you are comfortable with this then message me with a link to the dry stems of whatever track you choose and I'll remix it for you. I remixed an old 80s pop tune by a one hit wonder band called Fiction Factory, I'll add a link below to the Youtube videos. Take a listen to this and listen to the original (Link provided below) to understand what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Original mix...

My Remix.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Logichead65 View Post

Original mix...YouTube

My Remix.....YouTube
    Your first video is blocked due to Copyright Infringements.

Thanks
    Damn those copyrighters

Does this link work?

Thanks
    NOPE! You know that when you post, you are using the "Quick Reply" and you should be posting with the "Go Advanced" word processor when posting links/images/audio. This way you can preview it before you post it. If you click on any links, you will know if they are live or dead. Check out the pic.

Attachment 100490
    Last edited by Mack Caster; 09-21-2017 at 05:37. Reason: Added Pic.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mack Caster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Mack.

How about now?

Thread Information