Submissions for Mix This Project

Uk punk content!

I have had a little trouble with a few tracks for our EP... Mainly because of my lack of knowledge. I would love to hear what guys with more experience as well as people in the same boat as me can do with one of the tracks.

Would you consider this?
Apathy by Nobodys heroes.

MP3 Player SoundClick

Cheers

I know the master tracks, (esp the drums) aren't the greatest because we really didn't have the greatest mics to record with. I was able to get a reasonable mix going but I've never been happy with it and know it could sound much better, BE much better if done right. I would LOVE to hear this at it's full potential, (even though I know what can be done is limited to the mess I have). Yeah, the vocals are crap, they we're scratch tracks we never finished, I'm much more concerned with the instruments themselves. Meh, I'm just making excuses at this point, it is what it is. I never attempted to master this because I could never get it quite right, so this is a rough mix down of where I gave in to frustration and simply stopped. I just hope someone has the Kahunas to give this a go.

Could anyone mix this hip-hop instrumental I made with a Casio keyboard? I'd really appreciate it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijd2vaxzpu2rry1/Keyboard beat.rar

The biggest issue with someone mixing your instrumental, is the quality of the sounds that are possible with the Casio. I had a listen to the tracks, and not sure how much I could really offer, given the sounds offered. You might have better luck, if your drum sounds were completely separate. First thing I would do, is completely replace the drum sounds. I could do that with what was given, but it would take some serious time. Something of which I am very limited on right now.

Good luck man. You may find someone here willing to take a stab at it for free, but I would have to charge to try to pull something worthy out of what you got. No offense to your performance, just the sound quality of the instrument is so limited, that it will be more of a 'polishing of turd' kind of thing.

You should really invest in a decent MIDI keyboard controller and a sequencer/DAW.

Peace out.

Jimmy

So wait, browsing through your other posts, is the Casio a MIDI controller? Are you using the sounds from the Casio, or through a VSTi in Mixcraft?

You may be able to find better synth/drum sounds by using other than the built in sounds of the Casio.

So wait, browsing through your other posts, is the Casio a MIDI controller? Are you using the sounds from the Casio, or through a VSTi in Mixcraft?

You may be able to find better synth/drum sounds by using other than the built in sounds of the Casio.

Lol what's up with the Casio... I think it has decent sounds... Everything is from the Casio LK-270 yeah, exept the drums which are sampled. And yeah I should separate the kick and the snare, my bad. I'll do that now.

I did make a mix of your Casio tracks. I took more of a give the tracks some dynamics and less on the "mixing". Its an improvement, but hardly a masterpiece. I'll upload tomorrow.

Meanwhile, did anyone give a listen to what i posted above? Anyone willing to give them a go?

Something is out of sync with the tracks. They start out aligned but fall apart by the end. Second link tracks.

You're the second person saying that, but I just checked and it's onbeat over here. Guess I'll re-upload. I fucking hate when shit like this happens.

Downloaded it and put it together, it's onbeat over here. Anyway I'm re-uploading it.

You're the second person saying that, but I just checked and it's onbeat over here. Guess I'll re-upload. I fucking hate when shit like this happens.

Downloaded it and put it together, it's onbeat over here. Anyway I'm re-uploading it.

Strangely enough, when I dragged the files directly into a new Cubase project, the files showed that they had been time warped. Something I have never seen from any imported files.

How are you exporting? I have no familiarity with your software, but I assume you should just be able to export each track as a wav file, all starting at the same point in time, to a folder. Upload that folder to Dropbox. Should be no issue then.

I just did. How many mics you have on the kit?

Hmm... Kick, Snare, 2 overheads and 3 toms mics for 5 toms. Looks like 7. I'll try to get the tracks up on dropbox in a bit. THANKS!

Word bro mad props. Is it possible to get it in WAV? I appreciate it.

No problem, but don't thank me yet, lol. I'll upload a mix down AND save what I did to each track in case you like one of the sounds but can get someone better at mixing/mastering to work on it. Again, I'll up this later tonight.

Hmm... Kick, Snare, 2 overheads and 3 toms mics for 5 toms. Looks like 7. I'll try to get the tracks up on dropbox in a bit. THANKS!

The reason I asked, is that I have much experience with drum sample enhancement. Do it all the time. The fact that you have individual tracks of most of the shells, will make it easier for me to help you out.

Upload the tracks, I will throw out some options for ya. :)

Back