Show me that these tracks are mixable !

No problem. It was enjoyable. The song grew on me. It's pretty catchy. What language is that? The mixing problems you are having began when you tracked. I noticed three issues:

1. Tracking levels were inconsistent on the drums and vocals. You had sections that were nearly clipping, and others that were much lower. It makes those tracks hard to mix without a lot of hand editing, and puts too much work on the compressor. It's down to the drummer needing to control his dynamics and the vocalist needing to work the mic (moving in for the quieter sections, away for the louder parts).

2. Drum mics. The snare was very toppy and dead and wasn't cutting through. I tried to fill out the snare by bringing up the overheads, but the cymbals were just blasting those tracks. Sounds like the overhead mics were too close to the cymbals. I managed to get the snare to cut, but it sounds like someone drumming on a plastic pail. You might work on mic placement. I don't know much about miking drums, but several on the forum do (Ibleedburgundy, Greg_L, etc.). There's a user called CMolina who records local hardcore bands in Brazil and gets good results using few drum mics. You two would enjoy the same music.

3. Performance. The drummer isn't hearing the same groove as the bass and guitar players. You might want to rehearse more, then record the song again. You'll be happier with the result.

Good luck!

It's polish. Song says about crab/cancer, in polish it's the same word "rak". It mixes the childish crab song with rapcore cancer text.

It was my almost first band recording so i supposed that my problems began at that point. I have noone to show me how to place mics so i improvise:) I put them like on the live stage setup, coz I somethimes work as a sound engeneer/technican.

I'm aware that drumer wasn't even neither in time nor in dynamics... (+1 XP for me, I should even out drums before recording rest;])
What is your advice for leveling drums during recording, compressor on input track?

Ov could be too close, but i recorded in poor adapted room and i wanted closer pick up (+1 XP, not too close:P)
BIIG thanx for pointing drum-know-how forum users maybe i ask them or just reserch their threads for more drum micking info.

The band is very young, most of them are teenagers so they just learn to feel the same groove :P

I deffinatly want to re-record this song but i was wondering if it's possible to tweak something from these tracks :)

It's polish. Song says about crab/cancer, in polish it's the same word "rak". It mixes the childish crab song with rapcore cancer text.

It was my almost first band recording so i supposed that my problems began at that point. I have noone to show me how to place mics so i improvise:) I put them like on the live stage setup, coz I somethimes work as a sound engeneer/technican.

I'm aware that drumer wasn't even neither in time nor in dynamics... (+1 XP for me, I should even out drums before recording rest;])
What is your advice for leveling drums during recording, compressor on input track?

Ov could be too close, but i recorded in poor adapted room and i wanted closer pick up (+1 XP, not too close:P)
BIIG thanx for pointing drum-know-how forum users maybe i ask them or just reserch their threads for more drum micking info.

The band is very young, most of them are teenagers so they just learn to feel the same groove :P

I deffinatly want to re-record this song but i was wondering if it's possible to tweak something from these tracks :)

if anything, it was the singing for me that was the biggest problem, make sure your timing is much tighter, the biggest problem is the whole band aren't in time with each other.

Back