Mix this rock song i need it asap ><

The browser just stuffed up so i'm not sure if im writing this twice. but...Heres a real rough mix of your project.

I think it actually turned out ok considering the poor shape of the drums. The crash ride especially smashed your overheads, so i did my best to get some clarity whilst still getting loudness in the kit overall.

The guitar tone for the chords is really sweet! has a sonic youth kind of thing going on. I didn't have to do much at all there. And nice shredding!

Anyway, hope this helps your project. Let me know what you think.

enjoy.

The browser just stuffed up so i'm not sure if im writing this twice. but...Heres a real rough mix of your project.

I think it actually turned out ok considering the poor shape of the drums. The crash ride especially smashed your overheads, so i did my best to get some clarity whilst still getting loudness in the kit overall.

The guitar tone for the chords is really sweet! has a sonic youth kind of thing going on. I didn't have to do much at all there. And nice shredding!

Anyway, hope this helps your project. Let me know what you think.

enjoy.

Hey thanks! i really like the guitar tone in the mix! I think the mix is really good when the vocals are not in, but when the vocals are added it somehow crowds up the mix, but i really like the guitar tone in the mix!

---------- Update ----------

Are you getting graded on this? If so, shouldn't you be mixing it yourself?

I just wanted to see the potential of the song like how it might sound like by people who could really mix thats all, i'll still mix it on my own :D

Here I spent a few minutes on this.

The track labeled Guitar 2 has drums and vocals on it as well.

If the vocal parts are supposed to be unison, both people need to know the melody.

You really should have taken more time to get decent performances.

Here I spent a few minutes on this.

The track labeled Guitar 2 has drums and vocals on it as well.

If the vocal parts are supposed to be unison, both people need to know the melody.

You really should have taken more time to get decent performances.

yeah i know but unfortunately we have limited time slots for studios and for every instrument i have only an hours time to record including set up :/

Much more practice before hand is necessary.

Anyway, 6 tracks of bass and only one track of rhythm guitars is an interesting choice. I only used the DI through a sim. The bass tone was good.

The lead tone was really, really bright.

The vocal recording was good.

The drums were ok, I ended up replacing the kick and the snare because of the bleed and the lack of energy in the miced tracks.

Were those 4 piano tracks actually two different piano performances in stereo, or one performance with four tracks?

Nearly all the tracks were stereo files, even though they were in mono. Getting that straight will save a lot of space in your dropbox.

Spending hours instead of re recording is still a repair! Surely the entire point of an education is to understand everything so you can do it, and no doubt the mix provided from somebody here would be used, and the logic file fudged to fit. No assessor is going to play a rubbish performance over and over again to spot an effect coming in or eq changing at the wrong place. You are cheating, pure and simple. Asking others to mix your final project is too risky. If it's also the final project where was your planning? Sorry but this is cheating, ask your assessor?

Much more practice before hand is necessary.

Anyway, 6 tracks of bass and only one track of rhythm guitars is an interesting choice. I only used the DI through a sim. The bass tone was good.

The lead tone was really, really bright.

The vocal recording was good.

The drums were ok, I ended up replacing the kick and the snare because of the bleed and the lack of energy in the miced tracks.

Were those 4 piano tracks actually two different piano performances in stereo, or one performance with four tracks?

Nearly all the tracks were stereo files, even though they were in mono. Getting that straight will save a lot of space in your dropbox.

yeah i agree with the practice part. Its one performance space pair and xy on a upright piano

How did u guys eq the rhythm guitar its screwing up the mix :/
I would have to open the session and look. I probably got rid of some of the upper midrange nastiness and added some lower mids to fill it out. But I could be thinking of the solo...

Alsooo how do you guys take out the fret buzz from the bass

I just used the one DI track through an amp sim with a slightly distorted SVT setting.

yeah i agree with the practice part. Its one performance space pair and xy on a upright piano

Why are there four stereo tracks?

I would have to open the session and look. I probably got rid of some of the upper midrange nastiness and added some lower mids to fill it out. But I could be thinking of the solo...

I just used the one DI track through an amp sim with a slightly distorted SVT setting.

Why are there four stereo tracks?

SVT whats that omggg, im a noob lol this final year project is my year 2 project i still have 1 more year but i really dont know much about all this mix stuff cause my course doesnt focus solely on mixing but on like other stuff as well. Anyways, i just did a mix

Do let me know how it sounds like, it sounds way softer then your mix though i dont know what to do. And my guitar tone sounds shittier hmmmm :/

Last edited:
Spending hours instead of re recording is still a repair! Surely the entire point of an education is to understand everything so you can do it, and no doubt the mix provided from somebody here would be used, and the logic file fudged to fit. No assessor is going to play a rubbish performance over and over again to spot an effect coming in or eq changing at the wrong place. You are cheating, pure and simple. Asking others to mix your final project is too risky. If it's also the final project where was your planning? Sorry but this is cheating, ask your assessor?

lool im just getting some feedback

what can i do to improve on the mix? This isnt really a final year project i still have 1 more year, what i meant was this is a project that is due at the end of the year hahahahhahahahahahhahaaha

Last edited:
I looked to see what I did with the guitar. I took out about 5db of nastiness at around 4.5k with a narrow bandwidth, then I added about 7-8db of around 500hz and about4db of low shelf at 200hz.

Listening to yours, the drums are too loud, which is what is making the compressor on the master buss pump like that. I assume that if you turn them down, they get lost. This is because there isn't enough definition to the kick and snare. You need to add some upper mids and highs to get them to be able to be heard without having to crank them volume-wise.

The SoCal-SoCal drum fill was done so poorly, I left it off.

For the lead, I set the high shelf at 6k and turned it all the way down (-15db). Then I added 4db of 1.5k and 3db of 230hz

Back