Mix this Please Rock n Roll

DevBlack

Hello im new here...And i really like this forum. Well its my first time that i record and trying to mix a song all alone. So will appreciate if someone make any suggestions or even make another mix. I would like to listen my song with another perspective. With a different taste. ( its unfinished) I would like to learn from my mistakes...

Here is my mix :

And here is 4 dry tracks:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns15d9uc2grnud1/KP stems.rar?dl=0

Thank you Very much. Hope you enjoy it... ^^

Yeah, was playing with a dual shifter running +5/-6 cents on each side and overdid. Did them on parallel channels so I can pull them back. Was working on a bass line as well, but didn't record it...

Yeah, was playing with a dual shifter running +5/-6 cents on each side and overdid. Did them on parallel channels so I can pull them back. Was working on a bass line as well, but didn't record it...

wow really? thanks for explaining. i really need more ideas and suggestions. Thanks again. ^^

Yeah, it's not really a phase shifter, but you can make it sound like one, or a chorus or an octaver, etc. Has two pitch shift channels that can work in cents (100ths of a tone) or semi-tones. So going -12 semi-tones gets you an octaver. Also has LFOs, envelope follower, gate, pan for each channel and autopan that let's you set the time it takes to go from left to right. Nice unit. It also has a freeze button that let's you do tape stop effects among other things...It's called Polar, but I've never seen it outside Reason (at least not as a plug). EH's pitchfork does some similar things.

Yeah, it's not really a phase shifter, but you can make it sound like one, or a chorus or an octaver, etc. Has two pitch shift channels that can work in cents (100ths of a tone) or semi-tones. So going -12 semi-tones gets you an octaver. Also has LFOs, envelope follower, gate, pan for each channel and autopan that let's you set the time it takes to go from left to right. Nice unit. It also has a freeze button that let's you do tape stop effects among other things...It's called Polar, but I've never seen it outside Reason (at least not as a plug). EH's pitchfork does some similar things.

I use Reason 5 as a slave on Studio One i think it will work... thanks again ^^

Hello im new here...And i really like this forum. Well its my first time that i record and trying to mix a song all alone. So will appreciate if someone make any suggestions or even make another mix. I would like to listen my song with another perspective. With a different taste. ( its unfinished) I would like to learn from my mistakes...

Here is my mix :

And here is 4 dry tracks:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns15d9uc2grnud1/KP stems.rar?dl=0

Thank you Very much. Hope you enjoy it... ^^

Dude, there's no bass guitar in the stamps, is that on purpose?

I sat like 15 min to do something, though You'd never get the full sound with no bass guitar
Also when you send stamps try sending snare and kick separately so they can be replaced if need

here's mine:View attachment 92176

I mixed this in cubase,

here's what I did:

used high and low pass filtering on all the stems, espeically rhythm guitars rolling off lots of high end and lows at 150Hz sometimes higher, I wanted them to be in the midrange only. Also played with EQ to help the guitars sit together, mainly cutting away the mud frequencies. Compressed them with subtle settings.

On the lead guitar I added the eventide ultrachannel for the 80s chorus effect, I wanted that wide cheezy sound, and compressed it slightly.

Drums: I added uhe satin for more warmth and to help roll off the extreme highs, boosted the subs to help the kick punch through even more, removed some midrange to help the guitars poke through.

then some echoboy and lexicon on fx channels, mainly on the lead guitar, hard panned the rhythm guitars left and right.

uhe satin on the master buss to help glue it all together.

Back